Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to keep our communities healthy, fed, clean and safe.
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
A Place Where People Matter
Start your career journey today with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
About the position:
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for growing Univar Solutions’ market share using a consultative selling approach.
What we offer:
- Company vehicle, cell phone & credit card
- Flexible work program
- Paid training and development programs at every level
- Global career advancement and mentoring opportunities
- Education allowance
- Competitive salary, benefits to include; employer paid medical & dental, short term and long term disability coverage, pension with employer matched contributions
- Employee Resource Networks that are advocating for advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within the company
Where you’ll work: Fort St John, 2 days per week in office.
What you’ll do:
- Main customer focus is midstream, water treatment and industrial.
- Call on established and prospective customers to sell company products and services.
- Co-ordinate with Customer Service and Operations to maintain customer service levels and ensure resolution of complaints.
- Co-ordinate with Purchasing department to ensure availability of product.
- Proactively plan customer visits 1-2 weeks in advance.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage customer information during all planning phases.
- Out of town travel is expected. Estimated at 5 to 6 nights per month.
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 years previous sales and/or customer service experience preferred (but not required)
- Chemical sales experience is a strong asset
- Valid Class 5 drivers license and clear drivers abstract
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person