Room Attendants are responsible for ensuring all guest rooms in the complex are properly cleaned and left tidy.
Job duties for this position include:
- Cleaning and disinfecting wash basins, counter tops, toilets, mirrors, tubs, and showers.
- Washing and drying glass surfaces.
- Loading dishwasher and putting away clean dishes and cutlery.
- Washing and drying other items such as pots and pans.
- Emptying and cleaning trash containers.
- Dusting furniture and fixtures.
- Vacuuming carpets and upholstery, moving furniture when required.
- Making up beds and changing linens as required.
- Replace dirty linen and used amenities in bathrooms.
- Sweeping, and mopping floors.
- Restocking room supplies such as glassware, coffee, and writing supplies.
- Checking all appliances are in working order and reporting any deficiencies.
- Assist with cleaning the public areas, washrooms and elevators when required.
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
- Respond to guest requests for additional items.
- Observe and report damage of hotel property.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prerequisites: Previous customer service and housekeeping experience is an asset. Must be available to work a flexible schedule including overtime when required. Successful applicants must be able to bend, lift, push and pull with ease. This is a very physical and demanding position requiring lifting 25 lbs and pushing up to 50 lbs.
Education: No education required.
Experience: No experience required we can train.
We offer competitive wages starting at $21.32/hour then increases to $23.66/hour after 6 months. All are subject to an increase annually based on the collective agreement. There is a comprehensive medical plan for full time colleagues after 6 months of continuous employment which includes medical, dental, vision, STD, and LTD. Other benefits include a referral bonus program, Wellness benefit, and travel allowance if living in Squamish or Pemberton.
There is an LMIA available for this position if you are available to start immediately.
Clique Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $21.32 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whistler, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location