The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for assisting in the functioning of the unit, resident care, staff and surroundings within her scope of practice. The Registered Practical Nurse demonstrates competence at the current level of knowledge for his or her practice, seeks help and guidance when unable to perform competently, refrains from practicing beyond his or her competence, and is accountable for his or her own practice.
General duties and responsibilities Include;
- Collect patient health information like blood pressure, temperature, and pulse.
- Provide patients and families with health and safety information.
- Changing dressings and administer treatments as per tar
- Administer medications
- Monitor patients' progress and report changes.
- Report to DOC
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract, Casual
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $50.00-$55.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sarnia, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- RPN registration with CNO (required)
- Vulnerable sector check completed in less than 6 months (preferred)
- TB test or Chest X ray completed in less than 1 Year. (preferred)
Work Location: One location