Role: Technical Support Analyst
Location: Canada (Alberta / Calgary) Hybrid
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing remote residences with support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment.
Within the scope of this position, the incumbent takes on a key role to continually provide an environment promoting a culture of client safety and freedom from harm and injury.
- To perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex server/workstation/network problems and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including repair for remote users as needed.
- To maintain end user productivity through preventative maintenance of IT assets.
- To ensure facility has a working backup and is monitored from time to time.
- To troubleshoot facility connectivity to Head Office through means of conversation with Internet Provider.
- To administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- To ensure all machines in community have connectivity to the network and arrange for wiring to be completed when required.
- To develop and maintain an inventory of hardware and software for each community covered.
- To accurately document all issues and actions taken to resolve.
- Assess the needs and recommend solutions to improve productivity within the community.
- To implement and deliver day to day service and project roll outs to ensure completion targets and service levels are met.
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Develop and maintain standards and documentation
• Due the nature of the work some evening and weekend work will be required.
• On call rotation may be required
- 3 years IT Help Desk Experience in a similar environment
- Hands-on Level 2 desk side support experience with configuring and troubleshooting of software, hardware, network systems and various end user devices.
- Ability to manage a mixed workload of proactive management activities and reactive operational support activities
- Knowledge of call quality monitoring, Help Desk practices, root cause analysis.
- Experience in the use of the Office365 & Microsoft Azure. MOUS certification an asset.
- Knowledge of MDM an asset
- Administration and troubleshooting of printers
- Information Technology degree or Technical College Certificate in computer science or related specialty
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and network hardware
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Ability to conduct research into PC/Software issues and products as required using Internet as main search tool
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Participate as a strong, collaborative team player
- Excellent organization skills, proven analytical abilities and decision-making capabilities
- Willingness to travel to AgeCare sites as needed
- Customer service oriented
- Job requires a significant amount of sitting, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and transferring. Significant amount of pushing and pulling. According to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Definitions, this job is considered “Medium.”
- Occasionally lifts objects up to 20 kg.
- Frequently lifts objects up to 10 kg.
- Constantly lifts objects up to 5 kg.
- Frequent walking, standing, pushing and pulling of arm and leg controls.
- Constantly pushing and pulling of arm controls while seated.
- Frequent eye hand coordination.
- Fine motor tasks & finger dexterity.
- Frequent gross motor skills.
- Must be able to balance and handle physically and mentally demanding situations; demands and conflicting priorities in the workplace.
- Required to mentally & physically adjust work demands to the individual situation.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RISKS:
o Lifting and moving objects, working with equipment, climbing ladders.
o Significant degree of sitting, walking, standing and written work. Strain on shoulders, neck and back.
o Awareness of repetitive strain injuries.
o Exposure to stressful situations in the workplace
o Desk work.
o Computer work.
o Exposure to noise, dust, hot water, fumes from paint, working in confined spaces, exposure to electrical shock, potential exposure to asbestos.
o Exposure to illnesses common to communal living environments (Influenza, colds, GI illnesses, other bacteria & viruses).
o Plants and animals.
o Slippery floors, working alone (or in isolation) and traveling to external meetings.
Who are we?
Mphasis is a leading IT solutions provider, offering Applications, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Infrastructure services globally through a combination of technology knowhow, domain and process expertise. Over the years we have left an indelible impression in the IT solutions domain with an impressive clientele and an extensive global presence. The accolades we have been garnering can be attributed to our undeterred focus in delivering quality solutions across verticals that meet the challenging requirements of our esteemed customers. Our integrated solutions offering is aimed at creating value for our customers, helping them in improving their business processes with minimum hassles and capital outlays.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person