We are actively recruiting for a sales representative to join our sales team. Our team is a competitive but supportive group working towards a common goal of winning business and supporting our growing customer base. We are an expanding department that is looking to hire a customer-centric sales professional for a primarily inside sales role.
· Identify new business through prospecting and cold calls
· Manage inbound leads and care for existing customers
· Determine customer needs, educate them on their options and provide solutions
· Manage customer relations throughout the entire sales cycle
· Provide excellent customer service
· Work with other departments to enrich customer relations
· Quarterly territory travel to key customers and prospects
· Acquire product knowledge on all construction and mining equipment and attachments
The Ideal Candidate:
You are someone who is motivated, curious, creative, innovative, and enjoys solving challenging problem. You have strong communication and are capable of working with many stakeholders, providing excellent customer service. You will be computer literate and have a can-do attitude with a track record of success, working in a fast-paced office environment.
· Previous sales experience and/or post-secondary education is an asset
· Knowledge of machinery and working parts is an asset, but not required
This role is permanent full time with a base salary PLUS uncapped commission and bonuses.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in joining our team submit your application today!
About Portland Tractor:
Since 1976 Portland Tractor Inc. has been a leading supplier of rebuilt and used/salvage heavy machinery parts, components, and attachments, specializing in Caterpillar parts. We've built our reputation by working hard and being honest with our customers. To us, honesty means being up front with what we can do, what we can't do, then standing behind the quality of our product. Sticking to these principles has allowed Portland Tractor to build relationships that have become the cornerstone of our company today.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC V1M 3E5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person