YOU WILL NEVER GET BORED AT TEPPERMAN'S!
We are a dynamic, high-energy retailer that is currently in its 3rd generation of family ownership. We sell furniture, mattresses, appliances, electronics, and home accents to a diverse customer base in Southwestern Ontario. It is a unique and highly personal business - family-owned and not part of a nationwide chain.
We encourage long term staff relationships by providing fulfilling opportunities in a casual, balanced and respectful work environment.
Why Choose Us?
We believe in creating lasting relationships with our employees, built on our core values of Trust, Respect, Family, Teamwork, Passion and Innovation. And our employees would agree, having selected us as a Great Place to Work through the annual survey measuring Employee attitudes at Tepperman’s.
Here’s a look at what makes us A Great Place to Work:
90% Agreed “This is a physically safe place to work”
88% Agreed “People here are treated fairly regardless of their gender.”
92% Agreed “People here are treated fairly regardless of their sexual orientation”.
84% Agreed “I feel good about the way Tepperman’s contributes to environmental sustainability.”
81% Agreed “My manager is approachable, easy to talk with.”
And You? You are a detail-oriented and computer savvy individual with a passion for great customer service. You're looking for a team environment with other dedicated and talented individuals, and a career where you can grow and contribute to our overall success. You've been searching for a place to apply yourself, where the culture and the company embrace technological change and continuous learning.
Join Our Team Today!
Why work at Teppermans?
- Attractive benefits package
- Professional development opportunities
- Generous employee pricing and discounts
- Paid vacation, holidays, and more
- Company-matched pension plan
Tepperman’s is a business built on the same foundation as a strong family - loyalty, respect, accountability, and integrity. We work hard to build a brand people can trust and rely on for all of their home furnishing needs.
We draw from nearly 100 years of our rich heritage, to create new ways to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees and customers.
WHO IS THE WAREHOUSE HELPER?
Warehouse Helper is responsible for accurately and efficiently receiving and staging warehouse materials for shipping. Warehouse Helpers are trained on Jitney forklifts and will be required to work at heights with large materials.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOMPLISHING IN THE ROLE
- Receiving and warehouse storage of product
- Picking and staging product for outbound shuttles
- Proper handling of all product
- Working with little supervision
- Providing professional customer purchase carry-out service
- Assembling various furniture products in the warehouse
- Operating a lift truck/order picker, after receiving training
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Good attendance record, reliability and maturity
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repetitively and work at heights
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Availability for full rotation hours which includes day-time, evening and weekend shifts as well as peak periods such as March Anniversary and Boxing Week
Feel free to visit our website at www.teppermans.com/career to learn more!
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise us, if you require an accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your needs.