Position Title: Dispatch Coordinator
Location: 1450 Lorne Avenue, Portage la Priarie, MB R3C
About Portage Transport:
At Portage Transport, we are dedicated to proudly calling ourselves the Uncommon Carrier because our business model is built on the core values of Trust, Communication, Commitment, Accountability, and Results – uncommon characteristics in most of the trucking industry today. We believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are essential components of our company culture and success. We are committed to fostering an environment where every individual is valued, heard, and empowered.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled 3PL Coordinator to join our 3PL Sales team at Portage Transport. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing accurate documentation, sending quotes, taking, and entering order, booking trucks, and communicating with Portage Transport customers.
· Book pick-up and delivery times
· Order entry and tracking of loads, communicating status verbally or through customer portals
· After hour and weekend work will be required
· Monitor status of shipments for designated regions and communicate with dispatcher if dates will not be met.
· If dates are revised communicate with customer and ensure changes are made for all documentation.
· On time delivery tracking (We have a system to track this we need to be sure data entered is accurate)
· Load Order/PODs/Meat Certificates/Reefer Temps into Document Viewer
· Recognize and resolve documentation errors
- Respond to questions and requests as quickly as possible, making every effort to meet driver/customer expectation.
· Act as the primary resource for information on customer policies and other customer specific information.
· Update customer location and contact information in computer system as quickly as changes are learned.
· Provide support on new customer set-up internally as well as external documentation.
· Trace shipments as requested
· Develop an understanding of each of our customers operations, freight lanes, and locations so that we can anticipate their needs and provide and build Customer Value
· Provide support to Customs regarding ACE, ACI, bonds and meat certificate documentation.
· Additional Duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience in working independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to stay highly organized
· Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
· General knowledge of the transportation industry considered an asset
The PT Difference:
· Competitive Compensation Package
· Group Benefits and Wellness Program
· Empowerment to grow professionally
To apply, please submit your resume, and any other relevant documents to [email protected]
Portage Transport is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. DEI and pay equity are integral parts of our hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person