Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated to delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fulfill the role of Senior Network Engineer to join our dynamic team for our client, one of the major banks.
Location Address: Hybrid (as required for on-site duties)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Extension Opportunity: Yes
FTE Opportunity: Yes
Typical Day in Role:
- Reporting to a Project Manager, you will play a critical part in helping the team support the various technologies within our Global Network. You will be expected to be a part of after-hours project deployments in the morning, evenings or weekends.
- You are eager to work with leading edge technologies to incorporate complex network solutions, as well as work with other technology teams to contribute to an overall solution.
- You thrive on being hands-on during mid to complex project deployments into production. This will include the support of assigned systems by acting as an internal consultant on assigned infrastructure and providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity.
- You want to be challenged with complex problem solving in time sensitive situations to reduce system downtime and customer impact.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 10+ years of provem experience in cloud infrastructure designs, implementation and support (Google GCP and Microsoft Azure).
2. 5+ years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of Cloud environments and associated networking technologies (VPCs, Shared VPC, Load Balancing, Interconnects, VNets, Application Gateways, Expressroute)
3. 5+ years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of containerized and serverless technologies (PCF, Docker, Kubernetes, GKE) and their designs, implementation, and ongoing support.
4. 5+ years’ experience in Cloud network troubleshooting (Networkwatcher, Network Flow logs, Azure Monitor, Google Dashboards, Wireshark).
- Experience using programming languages such as Python, GO, Ruby and/or BASH for automation of tasks.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix command line and command line tools
- Experience/knowledge of networking concepts; switches, routers, firewalls, as well as protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, TLS, DNS/DHCP and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF).
- Familiarity with Infrastructure As Code tools such as ARM Templates, Terraform, Cloud Formation and Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Familiarity with orchestration/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- You have strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
- You possess superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- You are self-motivated and a results-oriented individual who is always chasing improvements.
Best vs. Average Candidate:
- Ability work independently and capable of getting work completed with minimal supervision.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Networking Technology or related field.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: $50.00-$70.00 per hour
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Scarborough, ON M1L 4S2