The Tla’amin Nation is a modern, forward thinking, self-governing nation located on the beautiful upper Sunshine Coast (qathet Region).
Job Type: 2-year Fixed Term Contract
Hours of Work: 8:30 – 4:30 Monday - Friday
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Financial Analyst will provide strategic and financial insights. This role will support budget and forecast preparation, and decision support initiatives. Strong business acumen, ability to influence and make sound recommendations as well as build and maintain solid relationships with stakeholders are key success factors in this role.
- Supports the Chief Financial Officer on the multi-year planning and budget process through close collaboration with Nation Directors to align with strategic objectives and KPI.
- Supports the development and reporting on key business metrics to track progress on the Comprehensive Nation Plan.
- Leads the mid-year forecasting process.
- Accountable for the compilation, coordination, and distribution of budget packages to Senior Management.
- Responsible for budget upload and maintenance in Xyntax.
- Performs reconciliations and analysis of various accounts to support the budgeting process.
- Works with Accounting to ensure processes are set-up to facilitate the integrity and accessibility of data for planning and analysis purposes.
- Supports the Accounting team with analysis of budget to actual results.
- As required, supports the Chief Financial Officer to analyze complex financial information to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Performs special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as required
- Works with Public Works and Accounting to manage and monitor project time tracking for capitalization purposes.
- Supports the Chief Financial Officer to drive continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plans and modeling tools.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all employer policies, rules, systems, and procedures including compliance with the Employer's Covid -19 Safety Policies and Protocols which may be amended from time to time.
- CPA designation.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in finance/accounting. Experience working in and with Indigenous government is an asset.
- Experience in budgeting, reporting, planning, analysis and integrating financial systems.
- Project management experience, including leading and managing delivery and documentation, specifically experience where there have been multi-department impacts.
- Strong financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Mastery skills in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with enterprise planning tools to facilitate budgeting and forecasting activities
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple simultaneous assignments
- Proven ability to anticipate business needs and priorities, working with all levels of management and employees
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced performance-driven environment, dealing with ambiguity and change
- Highly developed MS Office & Google Suite skills with extensive working knowledge of Excel & Google Sheets.
- Acceptable Police Information Check.
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License and acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Occasional travel to attend meetings or training is required.
- Work can be performed remotely.
How to Apply
Please apply online by sending your resume and cover letter to: https://tlaaminfirst.bamboohr.com/careers/54OR drop-off/mail to Tla’amin Nation, 4779 Klahanie Rd, Powell River, BC, V8A 0C4
Closing Date: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 24 months
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Staff are encouraged to wear masks in common areas. Sanitization Stations are located at all exits.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- POWELL RIVER, BC: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in POWELL RIVER, BC