The Admissions Assistant provides diversified clerical support to the Admissions Office. Responsibilities include processing and responding to inquiries and applications concerning undergraduate and graduate admissions, creating student files, entering and maintaining student records in CRM Recruit and Ellucian Colleague database, and advising students regarding admission requirements, registration and other institutional resources.
1. Process applications: acknowledges receipt of applications, produces student files and correlates transcripts and test scores with files in preparation for evaluation. Verify the authenticity of documents received from or on authorized behalf of applicants
2. Provide outstanding customer service, maintaining contact with prospective students and applicants, including follow-up letters indicating the receipt of an application, incomplete applications (missing documents) and completed files.
3. Review transcripts, evaluate the applicants’ academic record, calculate overall grade point averages, and determine the eligibility of an application to be considered for admission;
4. Monitor daily statistics of incoming applications, help prioritize work for certain application types
5. Perform applications reviews in CRM Recruit and exporting data into Ellucian Colleague database.
6. Generate decision letters and communication as directed by the Director of Admissions.
7. Assist in preparing transfer credits files for admissions evaluation and update student system with approved evaluations.
8. Liaise with other departments to coordinate and support University events that relate to Admissions.
9. Prepare acceptance packages and courier to various countries if required.
10. Perform other work-related admissions office related duties as assigned.
1. Completion of business courses related to administrative and general office skills or demonstrated equivalency through work experience. College credits preferred. Associate or bachelor’s degree a plus.
2. Minimum two years of experience in the office environment, preferably at an educational institution.
3. Proficiency utilizing computer systems for data management, word processing and other applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with Ellucian Colleague database is preferred.
4. Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
5. Strong proofreading skills, exceptional attention to detail.
6. Familiarity with a college environment, as a student or as an employee, in order to have an understanding of the processes performed in an Admissions office.
7. Canadian residency or work permit required.
8. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing a background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Hours Worked
Posting Date: 09/27/2021 Special Instructions to Applicants: Application Types Accepted: Application for Employment