Welcome to RIMOWA, the first German Maison of the Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH) Group. We are a global lifestyle brand with a mission to create the essential tools for a lifetime of travel. For more than 120 years, we have dedicated ourselves to developing unique products where function coexists with luxury, heritage with innovation, and craftsmanship with design.
We seek to attract, recruit and develop the most talented individuals with all levels of experience. The diversity of our ecosystem offers each person unparalleled career opportunities, and therefore holds a definite appeal for candidates. Thanks to our exemplary sourcing and recruitment approach, we are widely recognized as a preferred employer.
Our products are created with longevity in mind because the most meaningful journeys last more than a trip, they last a lifetime. Join us to discover your own.
RIMOWA has a unique opportunity for an Assembler to join the Production CREW at our Cambridge facility. This role operates in a fast-paced environment that requires a high attention to detail, manual dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination, and standing for extended periods. You will work collaboratively with others and engage in problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, significant use of memory, and continuous learning.
· Assemble products through the use of light hand tools and/or machinery
· Set up assembly line with materials and supplies required for production and set up/adjust production tools as required
· Screw, clip, glue, rivet, iron, fit or otherwise assemble parts and components to form final products
· Fabricate and assemble framing and shell case
· Bend and shape shell case pieces using hammers and other equipment
· Inspect products for defects and conformance to specifications and quality standards
· Check products for correct shapes, dimensions and other specifications
· Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly
· Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
· Transport raw materials and finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
· Responsible for daily cleaning of work areas and equipment
· Other duties as assigned
These duties outlined reflect the job description as accurately as possible at this time. Duties are subject to change at the discretion of Management.
We would like to speak to individuals who are aligned with our core values of having an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborating as a team with no room for ego. We operate as one crew and celebrate our differences as we strive to be agile and resilient.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Completion of High School diploma or equivalent education
· Experience with general labour (assembly is considered an asset)
· Attention to detail and quality control
· The preferred candidate will be self-motivated, energetic and well organized
· Excellent English communication skills
RIMOWA North America Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at RIMOWA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, record of offences, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. We value an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. If you have accommodation needs throughout the selection process, please contact our HR department.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.30 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON N3E 1B8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person