Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position is field-based in Newfoundland. In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
The EP Procedure Specialist is primarily responsible for assisting customers with clinical support, in-servicing, and maintenance of Abbott products for Abbott Electrophysiology (EP) technologies. In addition, providing clinical expertise, collaborating with the Sales Team (Territory Manager and Regional Manager) to assist with developing business strategies and growth, while serving as a technical conduit between customers and Abbott.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Within the limit of company policies, procedures, programs and budgets, the EP Procedure Specialist is responsible for and has commensurate authority to accomplish the duties set forth:
- Work requires the application of theoretical principles and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired through extensive and detailed in-house training and experience gained in the EP lab. Maintains expert knowledge and consults on technical and clinical advancements. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
- EnSite Precision and EnSite X Procedure Support.
- Provide troubleshooting support to established Abbott accounts. Provide software and hardware enhancements as required. Work with sales team to develop long term relationships and business growth
- Attend EP procedures involving Abbott products (including ICE, EP WorkMate/Claris) with an emphasis on advanced mapping and assist by facilitating proper and safe use of products, and thorough collaborative problem solving, to optimize outcomes
- Coordinates clinical evaluation of products under Limited Market Release Authorization (LMRA)
- Provide educational services to medical staff and Allied Health Professionals, on subjects related to Abbott EP Capital Systems and Basic EP Products (Diagnostic, Therapeutic catheters and Tools such as Steerable Sheaths).
- Provide training on products, procedures, and applications to Abbott staff when required
- Contribute to Clinical, Training and Education and Sales Organizations as a speaker/trainer, developer of training materials and/or Technical Memos on new technologies (including competitive products).
- Attend and provide direction during evaluation of EP products to first-time users
- Work closely with the Territory Managers to drive business opportunities and sales growth
- Maintain expert status and continuing clinical and technical proficiency in EP mapping, ablation, diagnostic and ICE technologies. Product expertise should go beyond features and benefits, focusing also on design, development, clinical application and competitive positioning. Attend scientific symposia, congresses, or other meetings for continuing education and to support product displays.
- Maintain proficiency in EP procedures.
- Obtain Abbott Company certification in Abbott EP technologies
- Assist with Regional/National activities such as: timely Product Experience Report submissions; inventory consignment counts and inventory management.
- Role model Abbott values and ensure all Regional activities maintain a positive customer perception of the Abbott brand
- Be flexible with travel within Canada for case support, training and meetings (both regional and national)
- In case the employee is being made aware of an event of complaint in relation to a product distributed by Abbott, said employee shall report this in compliance with the SOP 87600 on Product Experience Reports through EPIQ tracking system
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience
- Driver’s License and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time in the assigned territory.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. French an asset
- Ability to influence, approachable, ability to build credibility with customers as a knowledgeable resource
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment is key
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must be able to perform intermediate level arithmetic calculations, including ratios, rates and percentages; draw and interpret graphs; apply the principles of rational systems to solve practical problems; effectively deal with a variety of tangible variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Occasional weekend travel may be required for meetings and case support.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.