The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, and teacher certification. It is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
The Event Coordinator supports the projects and initiatives focused on student engagement and participation in The RCM Certificate Program. This position plays an integral role in planning and coordinating events that celebrate student achievement and success, as well as communication to students and their parents that support the growth of The RCM Certificate Program.
- Liaise and coordinate with vendors and cross-functional RCM stakeholders to plan and execute events across Canada and the US, including securing venues, coordinating travel, producing event collateral, etc.
- Support the Marketing Manager in developing initiatives and communications to promote RCM learning tools, examinations, and enhancing the exam experience for students. This includes targeted and innovative marketing content written in plain language, brand style and tone to engage key target audiences, drive traffic to website, promote community engagement and grow advocacy base.
- Review and optimize The RCM Certificate Program marketing materials ensuring consistency in messaging, brand style, and tone across assets. This includes ongoing quality assurance (QA) activities.
- Monitor student inquiries and provide responses to the customer service team.
- Submit and track invoices for payment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain an events schedule and coordinate emails with cross-functional team members.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to create and distribute surveys that identify opportunities for new initiatives within The RCM Certificate Program.
- Represent The RCM at conferences and events, as needed.
- Perform other role-relevant duties as required.
- A university degree or college diploma in business or communications.
- A minimum of 2 years’ marketing or event experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong marketing knowledge.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to manage and problem solve multiple projects.
- Sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity, and professionalism.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be willing and able to travel in Canada and the US as required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams) is required.
- Experience with either Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign is preferred.
- Familiarity with The RCM Certificate Program and examinations or experience working in an educational system with students is preferred.
- Music literacy is an asset.
- The RCM is currently observing a hybrid work arrangement.
- 60% non-travel / 40% travel in Canada and the US.
- Weekend travel and evening work as required for events.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online (please upload a single file combining both documents) at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been identified.
The RCM is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the RCM’s Anti-Racism, Access and Equity Policy, accommodation will be provided at any stage of in the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known when they have been contacted for an interview.
The RCM thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.