If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional, and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for an ENTERPRISE APPLICATION MANAGER to join our Business Systems Analysis team based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development, and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Access to virtual healthcare 24/7 for FREE through the group health benefit plan
- RRSP program (with employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance.
- Free onsite parking
- Access to thousands of vendors offering perks and discounts through our WorkPerks program.
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Responsibility for the architecture, support, maintenance, deployment, and enhancement to a portfolio of applications and technology solutions
- Mentors, leads and supports internal team of system analysts.
- Subject Matter Expert for a portfolio of applications interconnecting software.
- Accountable for the availability and performance of applications portfolio, which includes the timely completion of user support requests through an internal team of system anlaysts.
- Collaborate with business and key stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and schedule applications development and enhancement aligned with technology, business, and security infrastructures.
- Establishes measurements of success of portfolio and team, plus provides regular reports on compliance on user adoption, data quality, security, alignment, etc.
- Influences and/or develops policies and procedures within the span of control for this position.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration, and accountability, you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce (with a major in accounting) and/or computer science (with a major in Information Science) is preferred. Consideration will be given to those who have experience in accounting and technology industries.
- Established project management skills with five or more years experience in leading an ERP configuration and implementation project.
- Experience in a management or supervisory role on an application delivery team
- Expertise in business process analysis, requirements gathering, solution design and development, vendor management, enterprise application support (ERP), and a strong business understanding.
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care
- Working proficiency in French would be considered an asset
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For 35 years, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, and a home care division of team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.