Are you ready to take your construction career to the next level? Do you have a proven track record in commercial construction project management in the Calgary region? Do you possess an entrepreneurial spirit? If so, we want you to join our dynamic and rapidly growing team at Rayner Construction Services (RCS)!
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our award-winning team and help us continue to deliver exceptional results to our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the construction site, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
As a member of the RCS team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting projects, including government facility renovations, office interior fit-ups, tenant improvements, restaurant ground-up/fit-outs, and school board projects. With our focus on entrepreneurship and professional development, this role is expected to lead to other opportunities.
If you have a passion for construction, a drive to succeed, and a commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. Join our team at RCS and take your career to the next level!
Who We Are:
RCS is a commercial Construction Management company who recently became a Finalist in the Alberta Business Awards of Distinction 2020 and was named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2021 by Globe & Mail. We have a fun environment, strong core values, a family atmosphere, along with a fresh professional approach to construction management. RCS is a Prairie based, home grown company, that currently has 3 offices located in Calgary (Head Office), Vancouver & Winnipeg (Branch Offices). This provides RCS with the unique opportunity to service their clients effectively across Western Canada with future ambitions to expand east!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the estimating process (ie. generation & issuance of tender packages, proposal creation, RFI management and submission, attend site visits / walkthroughs)
- Manage all components of project management (estimates, budget, schedules, procurement, quality and risk)
- Review, prepare and update all project documentation including work progress, changes in scope, progress billings etc.
- Prepare, monitor and update project schedules
- Chair project and site meetings
- Interface and manage relationships with project team, client representative, consultants and trade contractors
- Reporting to Head Office (Calgary) on a regular basis, while working remotely
- Approve vendor and sub-payment requests
- Hold closeout meetings to review outstanding items and deficiency list
- Develop strong client relationships and ensure their expectations are met and communications are dealt with in a timely manner
- Implementation of RCS’s safety program to ensure a safe work environment
- Driven and self-motivating with an ambition to learn, problem solve, succeed and grow
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Project Manager position in the commercial construction industry
- Post-secondary education/training in engineering, construction management or a related discipline is preferred
- Experience managing multiple projects and project teams, including schedule and financials
- Ability to work closely with Superintendents, Office & Field Staff
- Requires valid driver’s license and the ability to travel
- Requires clear record to obtain security clearances for Government entities
- High aptitude for learning, ideally with future career aspirations to move up in the company
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams and MS Project
- Effective typing, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting contract requirements
- Goal-oriented, work well under pressure and can meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to coordinate off-hours projects
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills
- Strong customer service skills and focus on customer satisfaction
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- commercial construction: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-01