What We Offer
At Secure Digital Markets (SDM), you can build a career out of making things happen! Secure Digital Markets provides institutions, miners and individuals with a custom pathway to digital asset liquidity and off-exchange transactions. As one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing digital assets brokerage, Secure Digital Markets has streamlined the acquisition and liquidation of digital assets to ensure that all of our customers' needs are met in a secure and compliant manner. This is an exciting time to join our growing team.
We are seeking a talented and detail-oriented Database Analyst to join SDM. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the effective management, analysis, and utilization of our databases, contributing to data-driven decision-making processes and supporting our business objectives.
Responsibilities & Expectations
Based at our Downtown Toronto Office, starting as soon as possible, the main responsibilities and expectations for the role are:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and document user requirements, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of data needs and objectives.
- Design, develop, and maintain databases, applying data modeling and schema design techniques for optimal performance and scalability.
- Conduct research and provide expert advice on the selection, implementation, and utilization of database management tools and technologies.
- Utilize SQL, Python, and other relevant technologies to perform data analysis, generate insights, and support data-driven decision-making.
- Research, document, and enforce data requirements, collection policies, and data access rules to ensure data integrity and compliance.
- Identify and resolve database issues, perform troubleshooting, and optimize database performance.
- Work with cross-functional teams to integrate and synchronize data from various sources and systems.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems, math, or economics (or equivalent work experience)
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role with a strong understanding of the principles of database management
- Proficiency in SQL, with the ability to write complex queries and perform data manipulation.
- Familiarity with database management systems (DBMS) and tools (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, SQL)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large datasets to extract insights.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python or R is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
No matter your role, everyone on the team should have.
- Experience in blockchain or crypto industry
- Advanced analytical and time management skills
- Highly skilled in learning on the job and continuously learning.
- Mature, professional, driven, empathetic.
Working with us, you get:
- Competitive Salary (Range between $88,000 - $95,000 CAD/annum)
- Health Benefits
- Opportunity to work along side highly talented international colleagues.
- To be a part of the exciting future of the cryptocurrency revolution with a Canadian company!
About Secure Digital Markets
Secure Digital Markets bridges the gap between institutional capital and digital assets by providing flexible and curated liquidity solutions to our customers.
Catering to institutional money looking for a way into the digital asset space, we understand your business and provide custom solutions to fit it.
Whether you’re an institution, trader, family office, exchange, fund, or mining group, we can provide you with everything from auto-liquidation to a direct feed of liquidity right to your API.
SDM is one of the first electronic, off-exchange digital asset liquidity providers in North America, operates through an electronic communication network (ECN), and offers deep liquidity to its clients with around-the-clock service.
Why Secure Digital Markets (SDM)?
The level of growth that is expected in the coming years is staggering, and we need the right people to come on board to help support this growth and be a part of our success story.
The number one quality we value is teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting long term career possibilities are available for the driven energetic team member that joins our team.
Joining SDM today means joining a team of ambitious and caring individuals. Become a key part of our growth by applying today.
Please note, SDM receives a high volume of applicants thus only those selected to move forward in our interview process will be contacted.
SDM is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.