iRemote.ca Computer Services Ltd, a leading Maritime-based IT company with offices in Saint John, Moncton, and Halifax, is seeking an Entry to Mid-Level Network Support Technologist to join our team of well-seasoned and certified technical staff. With over three decades of industry experience, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional IT support and solutions to our clients.
As a Network Support Technologist, you will play an integral role in supporting information networks and ensuring the smooth operation of our clients' IT infrastructure. You are a self-motivated individual who requires very little supervision. The successful applicant must have a car with a valid driver's license, as local travel and periodic trips within the Atlantic Provinces will be required.
- Primarily work from home, with occasional trips to client sites (2-3 times per week or as needed)
- Provide support on client local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN)
- Provide mostly remote and some onsite support to iRemote.ca's client base, addressing technical issues and troubleshooting problems
- Collaborate with team members to deliver exceptional IT support and solutions, sharing knowledge and expertise
- Communicate technical issues effectively with clients, ensuring they understand the problem and proposed solution.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to build rapport and trust with clients.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills, enabling you to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues.
- At least 1-3 years of hands-on experience in Information and Communications Technology
- Ability to work independently and manage tasks with very little supervision.
-Effective time-management skills ensuring tasks and deadlines are met and clients expectations are met
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn various computer, network, and security technologies to stay current with industry trends.
-Demonstrate proper phone etiquette and the ability to provide technical instruction to end users.
- On-the-job training provided to develop your growing skillset
Hands-on experience with most of the following would be an asset:
- Windows Server (DNS, DHCP, AD)
- Domain infrastructure & Active Directory
- Windows Desktop
- UTM Firewall technologies
- Network security best practices and implementation
- On premise and Cloud Backup technologies
- Virtualization Technologies
- Business Class Anti-virus and EDR technologies
- Hosted Cloud technologies
- Remote support experience, providing efficient and effective assistance to clients
The following certifications would be an asset:
- Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- CompTIA certifications (A+, Network+, Security+, etc.)
- VMware certifications (VCP, VCAP, etc.)
- Firewall certifications
- Any other relevant third-party certifications that demonstrate your expertise and commitment to your professional development
If you are a self-motivated, resourceful, and customer-focused IT professional looking to join a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity with iRemote.ca Computer Services.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS B3H 2P6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- IT support: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Halifax, NS B3H 2P6