Are you an energetic and passionate IT professional who thrives on providing excellent service to both clients and fellow staff?
Do you value continuous learning, opportunities for personal growth, and fun, inclusive company culture?
If so, we want AlphaKOR to be the place you want to work. We want you to love your job. Because when you love your job, you’ll do great things. Come and do great things with us!
AlphaKOR was founded in 1995 and specializes in simplifying information technology to help our customers succeed. We combine these technologies into a managed service to provide our customers with the equivalent of a Fortune 500 IT Department to help drive, accelerate, protect, and future proof their businesses. Our guiding philosophies dictate a balance between creating the ultimate experiences for our customers, our teammates and ourselves. As a multi-award-winning company, we have a proven track record of success by merging the worlds of people, processes, and technology.
Competitive wages and benefits
Mileage reimbursement or use of company vehicle for off-site service work
Convenient location near Lauzon and EC Row, on the Lauzon 10 bus route
Open, collaborative office environment, next to the outdoor trail along Little River, perfect for breaking up your day with some exercise and fresh air
Discounts on personal computer purchases
Onsite ping pong & bike desk
Weekly indoor soccer and outdoor skating for employees and families
Numerous networking, community, and social events
Opportunities for continuous learning, company subsidized training, mentoring, and internal growth
The Technical Specialist is responsible for the following onsite support: installing, maintaining and troubleshooting servers, LAN, WAN and network infrastructures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support for customers and internal staff in resolving technical issues
- Communicate effectively with customers and internal staff ensuring an exceptional customer and co-worker experience
- Demonstrate excellent self-management skills by managing loose-ends and task follow-through
- Perform timely administration using concise technical writing techniques that provide the customer and internal staff with professional documentation
- Work with senior staff for advanced-level projects, break-fix and work order implementations
- Remote, in-house and onsite work orders for workstations, printers, servers and connectivity equipment
- On-site assistant for project implementation
- Preventative maintenance for workstations, servers and printers
- RMM deployment
- Cloud services deployment
- Administration for workstations, servers, printers and network connectivity equipment
- Routing and connectivity equipment implementation and repair
- Workstation in-house preparation
- Ticket self-management and additional request follow-through
- Exceptional administration, documentation and communications
- Escalation for lower tiers
- Exceptional work ethic to ensure problem has been resolved and client is fully satisfied
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups with end-user and team members as required
- After-hours rotation
- Team support for after hours
A University level Computer Science degree, or a College level Computer Systems Technology diploma, plus a minimum of 2-3 years field experience
- CCNA strongly preferred
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills required
- Knowledge of the implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the following processes: VPN, routers, firewalls, switches, wireless, MS Server, SAN, MS Exchange, Terminal Services, MS Active Directory, virtualization, fault tolerance, disaster recovery and data backup
- Take pride in tasks, earn respect through actions, go beyond job expectations, and lifelong learners
If you are interested in capitalizing on this exciting opportunity with one of Southwestern Ontario's leading technology companies, please submit your resume for consideration.
AlphaKOR Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.