JOIN OUR TEAM
Metro Supply Chain is a strategic supply chain solutions partner for some of the world’s fastest growing and most recognizable organizations. We advance our customers’ business through innovative, real-world solutions within a culture that supports our communities, protects our environment, and enables our team to thrive. Managing 14 million square feet in 98 sites across North America and Europe with a team of 6,000, it is the largest privately-owned supply chain solutions company based in Canada.
The IT Network Support Analyst is responsible for installation, designs, and maintains various network components of an organization. The individual will plan, design, analyze, and provide technical support for the network. This individual works in conjunction with the IT team to arrange systems. Handle and resolving tickets and create documentation.
- Assist in the installation and support of internal network (LANs, WANs, Wireless network segments, Internet, and intranet systems)
- Assist in the installation, administration and maintenance of network hardware and software including all servers and end user devices such as desktop computers, printers, phones, smartphones, and other WiFi devices such as RF scanners, GeoTrackers, etc.
- Assist installation, maintenance and support of network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Provide second level support to IT helpdesk team for network (connectivity, speed, back-up, security, trouble shooting) issues
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks. Based on analysis/data from monitoring, provide performance summaries, suggest or make changes to improve performance and security measures. Ensure standards are maintained
- Maintain logs related to network functions for real-time analysis of equipment performance to proactively determine the need for repair, replacement or redirect
- Maintain documentation for all aspects of the network
- Research new technology, recommend enhancements
- Company Culture - exhibits the desired behaviours that support “Our Way” and looks for ways to say “Yes”
- 2 years’ work experience in an IT support function or a customer service oriented
- Experience with configuring technical hardware including PC’s, RF, printers and mobile devices.
- 2 years or more experience deploying, configuring, maintaining and monitoring computer networks, as well as performing software installations and upgrades.
- Bachelor Science degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why Join Us
- Work in an environment where safety is our first priority
- The opportunity to build a career with a growing company
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness programs to support your family’s well-being
- A Retirement Savings Program with a company match
- Company team wear allowance
- Employee Appreciation Day
- Company sponsored social events
- Community volunteering
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse workplace where people feel included and valued. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Should you require accommodation for a special ability or need during the recruitment process, please reach out to a member of our Human Resources Team.