We’re always on the lookout for talented developers to join our team. Think you’d make a valuable addition? Let us know what sets you apart and we’ll get in touch! This is a full-time position that is open to local (Kelowna, B.C.) candidates, as well we offer hybrid and remote work options for those who prefer it.
Acro Media is looking for a React Developer to help build out solutions to drive our dynamic & interactive client Web sites.
Now here’s what we really want, some cool individual who loves, but is not owned by the code. Someone who can drop lines of code like it’s their native tongue but still talk to our crew comfortably and sometimes even the odd client.
We consider ourselves a laid back bunch, but driven to do good for our customers. We’re looking for low egos, and high skills. We don’t expect you to have 10 years experience, we expect you to have clean coding ability, and the willingness to take on new challenges.
If you’re desperate to break free from that office life where you co-workers have never even heard of Minecraft, and want to come on board to build kick-ass eCom sites, apps, games, corporate gems, and some Acro driven ventures, keep reading.
As the successful candidate, here are some things you’ll be responsible for:
- Working independently on multiple smaller tasks or larger builds with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Adhering to and providing accurate estimates for the amount of time required to repair a defect, a build, or to add additional functionality to an existing application
- Providing efficient solutions in a timely manner for work requests, issues, and defects
- Communicating well with account managers, supervisors, and clients in regards to work requests, problems and defects
- Acting as both a peer / mentor to other developers as well as be comfortable asking for help from team members
- Implementing updates & revisions to web applications
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience building React applications that:
- Work with an API to serve dynamic content from an outside source.
- Will interact with headless Drupal setups through specifications like JSON:API.
- We work extensively with Drupal which is a PHP based content management framework, and while Drupal experience is a plus, it’s not a requirement.
- Experience working with design systems or style guides provided by a creative or UX team.
- Ability to find and fix problems in code, this might not be your code and your only hint might be a cryptic complaint from a client.
- If you know other programming languages or frameworks, don’t forget to mention them, any technical knowledge is relevant.
- Comfortable with the command line, such as running scripts or managing files
- Formal education or prior experience is NOT required, we just want to know that you can code, so hopefully you have some code you can show us.
- Fluency in English
- All offers of employment with Acro Media Inc are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
When you submit your resume, please submit some samples of work you’ve done, the first step of our hiring process is always to get some code samples so might as well speed the whole process along.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times & Earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We'll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well, we've got a program for that too!
- Remote work: Flexibility is one of our core values, and so we understand that productivity is influenced by a healthy, rested mind. Each position at Acro Media can be done from the comfort of your home office, if you like, or if you would prefer to work from our Kelowna office, you can do that too, it’s a personal choice! Please note some of our client contracts require staff to be located in Canada, so while remote work is available, most positions require you to legally be able to work within Canada.
- Free stuff: If you prefer to work from our office HQ, located in Kelowna, we have the added extra of juice, pop, snacks, and coffee; choose your pleasure and enjoy.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food, and a laugh - no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have a virtual happy hour, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It’s a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we sometimes make you wear costumes.
- Professional development: We might live and breathe software development, but we are also really passionate about our team's personal development too. We love to learn, and are always striving to be the best version of ourselves; whether it's training on the latest technology, or learning how to become a better delegator, we will help you improve your skills and hit your goals.
- Culture: We’re a certain type of people. We’re all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us! Feel free to dissect what and how we do what we do.
- Employee stipend: Eligible employees are able to access an employee stipend account after 6 months of employment! This account allows our team members to purchase hardware, software, and training courses, it even allows for RRSP matching!
All careers come with a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. If you are in any way unsatisfied with your career, we will return you to the workforce at absolutely NO COST to you (minus shipping and handling).