About Terminix: Terminix Canada is one of the largest pest control providers to the property management sector. Since its founding in 1927, Terminix has been an industry leader in pest control. Our certified specialists use innovative technologies to protect millions of homes and businesses throughout Canada.
This role monitors the daily operations of their business and strategic goals for their region and teams by ensuring Rentokil North America’s standard operating procedures and budgets are being met at their respective branches.
The successful incumbent for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
● Manage Branch P&L (forecast revenue & manage costs)
● Ensure sales organisation is delivering results to service and profit expectations
● Adhere to, and ensure compliance with all training programs
● Evaluate ongoing performance via ride-a-longs and audits
● Maintain appropriate staffing levels to deliver on four Rentokil/Terminix Standards of Service
● Ensure all safety initiatives are followed to minimize Loss Time Accident and WDL events
● Oversee relationship with all residential customers
● Oversee end-to-end relationship with specific commercial customers
● Retain and grow client base; execute Quality Leadership Program from the front and respond to client concerns
● Deliver against route management expectations
● Serve as a steward for Rentokil/Terminix business model to ensure company programs and initiatives are delivered successfully
● Provide clarity on audits and share point-of-contact for claims/accidents
● Ensure separation of vehicle, employee training files and chemical cages
● Ensure provision of disposal audit containers and dates/times for distribution
● Communicate efficiently with other Branch Managers before implementing company initiatives
● Manage colleague performance and talent development for branch
● Monitor branch scheduling and ensure that customer appointments are completed efficiently and effectively
● Ensure escalations are completed on time and that client cares / IVR compliance is followed
● Responsible for driving Revenues developed internally - - TAP, J&E (Job and Equipment sales) along with delivering customer service revenues assigned
Fleet Maintenance & ordering
·● Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of field services management experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
● Business operations experience
● Master’s degree preferred with business acumen
● Skill in managing and leading assigned projects - understanding of project management
methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop
detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team
● Skill in written and verbal communications, including public speaking
● Skill in organisation and time management - ability to work on multiple projects and
manage multiple project coordinators, leads and/or managers at one time
● Skill in group presentations and meeting management
● Skill in providing timely and clear and concise feedback with attention to detail and analytical skills
● Maintains relevant licences as required by federal, provincial or local regulations for termites and pest control and any other business unit products and services
● Maintains a valid driver’s licence
● Skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
● Knowledge of laws, regulations, methods, and techniques in specialty.
● Position may require frequent overnight travel
Ability to relocate as needed
· You are paid during your training, and any certifications you require the company will pay for!
· Company vehicle! You can reduce the expense of paying for gas or insurance on your personal vehicle.
· Company phone! A work phone and monthly plan is provided for you, which can be used for personal use. So, ditch the phone bill and save some more cash.
· Uniforms are provided, so you do not need to pay for your own work clothes.
· We pay for 50% of the cost of your steel toes, once per year.
· We have a matching RRSP program up to 3.5% of your base salary per year!
· Paid sick AND vacation days!
· ON DEMAND PAY! Have access to your paycheque as soon as it is earned!
Terminix is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any accommodations at any point during the interview process, please get in touch with our HR Department.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. John's, NL: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Clean Criminal Record (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: On the road