Junior Network Administrator
J.J. MacKay Canada Limited (MacKay Meters), an industry leader in the design, development and manufacturing of innovative industrial grade parking solutions and equipment, is currently seeking a Junior Network Administrator to join a dedicated team of technical professionals in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Location: 1342 Abercrombie Road, New Glasgow, NS
- Provide first-response technical support for IT related questions and problems;
- Work with senior IT staff to manage the installation and maintenance of systems hardware including server room equipment, workstations and peripherals, fax machines, photocopiers/printers, VOIP telephone system and mobile phones;
- Maintain network connectivity and performance within WAN and LAN;
- Maintain and configure routing and networking infrastructure for our Corporate and remote offices;
- Provide intermediary support and maintenance of networking infrastructure and software support for Quebec, Ontario, Halifax and New Glasgow (Corporate) offices;
- Liaise with providers to resolve issues involving service interruptions, i.e. internet, email, web hosting, etc.; and
- Assist with development and maintenance of office databases.
- University or College Diploma with a concentration in IT required;
- Experience with Microsoft® Windows (incl. Windows® Domain) required;
- Experience with Microsoft® Office required;
- Experience with CentOS/Oracle® /Red Hat® (Linux) preferred;
- Experience with PostgreSQL database(s) preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft® Dynamics (Great Plains) preferred;
- Experience with SonicWALL® firewalls preferred;
- Experience with Splunk® Enterprise preferred;
- Good skills in networking infrastructure, security and routing;
- Highly detail and customer service oriented;
- Good sense of priority and emergency;
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to explain basic technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Experience an asset but new graduates would be considered.
Criminal Records Check:
- The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal records check.
The successful candidate will be a team player and someone who is innovative and adaptive to change. This is a permanent, full-time position in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia. Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and ability. In addition, we offer group insurance benefits and company RRSP.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, résumé, indicating project experiences and role in each to [email protected]. Please no telephone inquiries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About J.J. MacKay Canada Limited
J.J. MacKay Canada Limited is a Nova Scotia based company and an industry leader in the manufacture and supply of innovative parking equipment and parking solutions. We have been providing our parking products, services and solutions to Canadian, US, and international clients for over 50 years. The parking IT solutions we provide include traditional client/server applications with associated databases installed at our client sites as well as products that require customized software development, mobile applications, web based (remote) applications and client data hosting. Our web site is https://www.mackaymeters.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: In person