At Halton Region, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Halton Region is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
As an employer of choice, Halton Region recognizes the many benefits of hybrid work arrangements including flexibility and better work-life balance for our employees. This position is eligible for our Hybrid Work Program.
Posting ID: 2309
Department: Social & Community Services
Division: Housing Services
Pay Range: $75,743 - $100,992
Job Type: Contract > 1 Year
Contract Duration: Up to one (1) year
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Location: Dorval Drive Office - 690 Dorval Drive, Oakville
Employee Group: OCT
Posting Date: September 18, 2023
Application Deadline: September 25, 2023
Reporting to the Supervisor of Housing Stability, Housing Services, this position is responsible for leading development of homelessness and supportive housing programs, associated agreements with third party agencies, private landlords, and community housing providers, ensuring timelines and reporting requirements are met for all internal and senior level government housing programs and initiatives. Develop policy and procedures related to new and existing housing programs and initiatives.
- Develop and manage various housing programs, ensuring all targets and reporting requirements are achieved.
- Develop policies and procedures related to housing programs, including policies on lived experience and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Manage budgets for sub-projects, policy analysis, provincial reporting and stakeholder partnership development.
- Plan, implement and evaluate community/strategic initiatives. This includes initiatives that have been identified as a priority in Comprehensive Housing Strategy and Community Safety and Well Being Plan.
- Develop partnerships to achieve project outcomes and support community initiatives.
- Support the administration of local and provincially funded program allocations.
- Acquire data and provide timely and accurate analysis to support program planning and decision making.
- Prepare a wide range of documents/communications to support projects and initiatives.
- Represent Halton Region in community initiatives, planning tables, steering committees, etc.
- Identify and monitor trends that impact non-profit/charitable organizations and the broader housing sector.
- Plan and coordinate tables, meetings and events.
- Perform primary and secondary research such as surveys, focus groups, literature/best practice reviews and environmental scans and communicate research findings through reports, presentations and briefing notes.
- Provide policy, procedure development, program and research support to Housing Services Division.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services discipline or other relevant field such as Public Administration, Political Science, Planning or Business.
- Three (3) to five (5) years' relevant housing experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills, demonstrated project management experience, and an ability to analyze and report on data and trends.
- Experience with primary and secondary research/analysis, policy writing and have strong organizational skills as well as an ability to facilitate meetings and group processes.
- Broad understanding of the housing sector, familiarity with Halton's non-profit/charitable sector and demonstrated experience/working knowledge of homelessness in Halton Region.
- Strategic thinker with a high level of political acuity and an ability to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Positive difference in people's lives because you provide high quality customer centered services.
- Highly ethical environment and will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve.
- Experience using the Transfer Payment Ontario Network System (TPON).
- Travel will be required, incumbent must provide their own transportation.
- Current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, by the first day of employment.
Important information about your application:
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Halton Region serves more than 624,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work. We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment.