We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Administrator to join our office in Halifax, NS. Reporting to the IT Manager, the Network Administrator will work closely with a talented team of IT Professionals to implement and maintain key network infrastructure including servers, switches, and cloud environments.
Your key responsibilities will generally include:
Working alongside the IT Manager and IT Support Technicians;
- Maintaining the server / network infrastructure;
- Day-to-day activities for Exchange / SQL / Active Directory / Office365 / SharePoint / Voice Services;
- Set up or repair computer equipment and related devices;
- Assist users and troubleshoot issues related to computer hardware and software, printers, etc.;
- Facilitate backup & recovery scenarios (Veeam);
- Configuring firewall & filtering rules;
- Provisioning and maintaining virtual machines in a VMware environment;
- Planning and deploying software & security updates;
- Taking Project Lead on new implementations
Those applying for this position should possess a minimum skill set that includes:
At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE / MCP) or equivalent;
- VMware vSphere / vCenter experience;
- Cisco IOS / ASA / General networking skills;
- Experience with large data volumes;
- An affinity for critical thinking & problem solving;
- Documentation / Change Management skills;
- Windows 10 & Windows Server deployment & troubleshooting skills;
- Office 365 administrative skills;
What we can offer you:
A competitive compensation package effective on your first day of employment:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer contributions
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience
- Respect for work-life balance with flexible environment and remote work options
- Employee ownership potential
- Employer contributions towards maternity leave top up
- Health and wellness Incentive
- Membership dues reimbursement
- Education and lifelong learning subsidization
- Community volunteering incentive
- Employee Family Assistance Program
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our multitalented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
Along with our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint corporately, CBCL develops and implements sustainable engineering solutions that respect the current social and environmental impacts, as well as future implications of our designs.
CBCL operates from its twelve offices in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John's, NL, and Ottawa, ON.
CBCL Limited strives to provide a diverse workplace that is inclusive, accessible and celebrates individuals and what makes us unique.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please let us know by emailing [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.