Our financial centre is searching for a Financial Representative to join our dynamic team.
The role of a financial representative involves meeting with people to put a plan in place with risk/reward appropriate investments to help them achieve their dreams of home, enjoyable leisure time and having an active retirement.
As a professional, your service to the public is financial security planning. As a business person, you have to market and promote yourself in your community as any other professional service provider in order to meet potential clients. With Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network* we provide you a business model that is balanced between independence and team support.
You must have these credentials:
- Mutual fund licensed
- Minimum three years of experience in a mutual fund sales and advising role
- Have completed or in the process of completing the Certified Financial Planner designation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet navigation and research
People with these qualities have enjoyed success:
1. Sociable – people are drawn to you and conversations are easy
2. Problem solvers – no one goes looking for problems, but when they come along you can handle them
3. Professional – whether or not you’re in a suit, you do what you say you’re going to do
4. Good time management – there will be many demands on your time; you can determine the right balance between time spent on your revenue generation and other business tasks
5. Active listener – great speakers are idolized but great listeners are forever cherished. You are able to listen to a person then offer them financial solutions at the heart of their concerns
- Mutual funds are distributed through Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc.
What This Career Opportunity Provides You
A career as a financial services advisor offers you flexible work hours, varied tasks, freedom to choose clients and areas of professional development in which you wish to specialize. We also offer:
- A five-day in-class new advisor sales training program – and ongoing product training in addition to training at the financial centre in which you will be located
- On-going mentoring through joint client appointments accompanied by a senior financial services advisor
- Regular product-specific presentations detailing how to best explain product benefits to potential clients
- Access to products from over sixty investment companies and hundreds of mutual funds giving you the confidence to offer the best financial solutions to your clients
- Dedicated marketing consultants provide support in advertising, client seminars, web/social media. Design layout, text editing and compliance verification are part of the service offer
- A personalized monthly web-based newsletter for clients/prospects
- Turn-key lead generation programs based on current consumer interests in the marketplace
About Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network
At his home in Lévis, Quebec, Alphonse Desjardins (1854 - 1920) met with a small group of fellow citizens and presented his idea for a “people's bank.” The goal was to provide financial services to working families. On December 6, 1900, they opened their doors for the first time.
Today, Desjardins Group is the largest financial cooperative in Canada, ranked the second strongest financial institution in the world by Bloomberg (2014). Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network (DFSIN) is a national network of financial advisors specializing in life and health insurance and investments. Together with its counterpart SFL Partner of Desjardins Financial Security in Quebec and New Brunswick, the network has more than 1,500 financial advisors present in almost all parts of the country. It is the preferred distributor of products and services for Desjardins Insurance.1 More information on www.dfsin.ca.
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly to Sam Luong, Managing Director at [email protected].
We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
1 Desjardins Insurance refers to Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company, a provider of life and health insurance and retirement savings products.