Job Title: Senior Administrator, Network Servers - Infrastructure
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Welcome to Lactalis Canada – where we take pride in being recognized as one of Forbes' 2022 top employers! Our journey revolves around enhancing the lives of Canadians through a rich variety of dairy delights, including some of Canadian’s favourite dairy brands such as like Black Diamond Cheese, Lactantia Milk, Astro Yogurt, Balderson Cheese, and Cheestrings. In fact, we’re proud to say our products grace the shelves of an incredible 94% of Canadian households!
With a 140-year legacy driven by innovation and unwavering quality, we’re seeking like-minded individuals to join us in shaping our next chapter. Our flexible hybrid work model accommodates 40% remote work, adapting to the evolving needs of our workforce. Step into a collaborative hub with our revamped office, and enjoy free parking, endless coffee, delicious Lactalis snacks, an on-site gym, and more!
About the opportunity:
The Senior Administrator, Network Servers is responsible for the administration, implementation, and support for Servers, Networking (LAN, WAN, Firewall and VPN appliances), Virtualization infrastructure and the ongoing digital transformation for Lactalis. The position is accountable for providing a high level of standard as it relates to support, administration, technical guidance and leadership for the computing, communications, and digital maturity to improve Lactalis Canada technical footprint.
The attributes we are looking for:
- Provide support for the Lactalis Canada server and virtualizations infrastructure. Execute resolution of server-based issues at Head Office and Remote locations across Canada. Applying patches and/or changes needed to remediate issues or provide the authorization to apply the changes.
- Support the Lactalis Canada’s networking environment, which includes local-area and wide-area network at all locations, Managing VPN connection and access, managing and administering local firewalls, and participating in reviewing, addressing, and mitigating security risks.
- The incumbent will be required to maintain, document, update, and (where required) develop all network diagrams, artifacts, processes, and network cyber security policies.
- Promote and support computing, networking, and cloud-based productivity initiatives for all areas of Lactalis Canada, with a focus on long-term and strategic solutions. Working alongside various internal and external resources to implement solutions to resolve day-to-day and long term and business problems.
- Provide recommendations, installation and support for hardware and software in accordance with Lactalis Canada standards, Assist with the procurement of server and networking hardware, for IT for IT or T for new business solutions or refreshes. Working with technology partners and service providers during installation and problem resolution.
- Participate as required on project teams and project initiatives, gathering and documenting requirements and other project related activities as required.
- Participate & plans for new business initiatives and services by assisting with selecting relevant computing and networking, reviewing network capacity, reviewing vendor technical specifications, building new servers as per specifications, documenting systems and operational procedures, providing status updates of installations, and providing the Manager, Network Services with producing reports on the status of projects in design, review and implementation.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve and enhance network and server services to customers.
- Assist in the definition of hardware/software standards and procedures and ensure adherence to these standards and procedures by the user community.
- Assist the Manager with the departmental expense budget by suggesting opportunities to reduce costs.
- Participate in security assessments, evaluating new threats and vulnerabilities and make recommendations aligned to established Security Standards and Policies.
- Support in the creation of reports, metrics, and dashboards.
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management, documentation, and communication skills
- Participate as a subject matter expert on a number of internal network project discussions that include but are not limited to threat, vulnerability and security technologies and keep abreast of emerging cyber security technologies and industry trends.
- Help develop Security Improvement Programs and develop processes across both IT and Network
What you will bring:
- University degree or community college diploma or equivalent work-related experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years Information Technology experience
- Ability to communicate in an effective and positive manner with peers, users and senior management
- Ability to provide a high level of Customer Service
- Ability to provide leadership and training for others
- Function effectively as a contributor and team member with the Information Technology department
- Thorough knowledge of various Operating systems such as Microsoft Server Operating System & Services, Linux (SUSE, RedHat, CentOS)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and VMWare 6.x (including but not limited VxRail, and vSAN), DELL and HP Servers, Cisco Switches and Access Point, Aruba Access Points, Fortinet and Palo Alto Firewalls, Citrix, Morpheus.
- Extensive experience in the setup and configuration server hardware and software, network protocols, IP addressing & subnetting
- Thorough knowledge of data communication protocols, Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks, Network Switches, Routers and Firewalls
- Thorough knowledge of Cloud Services – Azure, AWS
- Thorough knowledge of SAN’s – Storage and Fabric
- Thorough knowledge of Linux Operating System and Administration
- Knowledge of Data Centre and Computer Room Concepts such as Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), Generators, Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC).
- Experience with various productivity and support tools such as Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio), PRTG, SysLog Servers and scripting.
- Ability to quickly absorb and utilize new concepts, processes, and technologies
- Ability to support and coach key contacts at both the corporate office and throughout the enterprise locations. (Key contacts technical capabilities range from novice to expert level)
- General business knowledge
- Good time and organizational management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to maintain awareness of the business direction and computing requirements of all divisions and locations.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of new trends and emerging technologies in the PC & network industry
- Working knowledge of security principles and industry best practices for threat and vulnerability management
- Practical hands-on experience with incident management and vulnerability analysis
- Experience with security testing tools, threat assessments and security testing methodologies
- Basic knowledge of ethical hacking techniques and forensic analysis
What Lactalis will offer:
Lactalis Canada believes in rewarding its people with the following comprehensive benefits package and perks:
- Competitive Compensation packages
- A Performance-Based Bonus System
- 4 Weeks of Vacation
- Comprehensive extended Health and Dental Benefits effective day 1
- A Pension Program with an Employer Match at 100% of up to 6%
- Tuition reimbursement plan of up to $3,000/year
- A Volunteer Day to give back to your community
- Learning and Development opportunities
- A commitment to internal career advancement with potential for international mobility
- Maternity / Adoption / Parental top up program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Dress for your day culture
- Paid bereavement and jury duty time off
- Paid leave to an employee for either an application or confirmation of citizenship
- Flexibility for course examination
Our ESG commitment:
Our ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) roadmap drives our sustainability mission. We aim to positively impact communities and the planet by enabling stakeholders including our people, consumers, customers, suppliers, dairy farmers, government, and industry partners to have a positive impact on the wellbeing of our communities and the planet through all that we do.
At Lactalis Canada, we value our employees as catalysts for positive change. Together, we will create a sustainable future, promote belonging, and make a lasting impact on the world.
Our commitment to DEI:
Fuel Our Culture with Your Uniqueness! Lactalis thrives on the value each person brings. We're dedicated to amplifying diverse voices, inviting personal and professional growth, and embracing everyone's true selves. We're committed to crafting an environment that genuinely welcomes all, reflecting the richness of our people and communities.
Our promise extends to accessible processes and spaces. If you require accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary, or permanent), please inform our Talent Acquisition team – confidentiality will be maintained.
Note: Lactalis Canada does not conduct credit or background checks through LinkedIn. If required, we'll contact you after signing a Job Offer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M9C 5J1