We are a growing company, currently seeking dedicated, adaptable individuals to join Grimco. Grimco is a national wholesale sign supply manufacturer and distributor that has been around for over 145 years with 50+ locations in the United States, 8 in Canada, and recent expansion into the United Kingdom.
This role is located at Grimco Dartmouth with the scheduled hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Answer customers’ inquires on products, their applications, distribution and provide solutions/recommendations
- Manage local and regional customer requests via phone, online chat, and email (approximately 50 contacts per day).
- Proactively call existing customers to research trends/needs, relationship management, promote current product specials, follow-up, etc. (approximately 30 calls per day).
- Actively seek opportunities to grow existing accounts as well as generate new business.
- Enter orders, customer information, and purchasing trends into our various computer systems (CloudSuite Distribution ERP, CRM, Website etc.).
- Achieve weekly, quarterly, monthly, and annual volume and margin sales and GP goals. (May include managing and being responsible for a specific target and territory)
- Maintain a strong understanding of Grimco’s top selling and basic product lines (as well as common industry products and brands).
- Collaborate with other teams and have a strong understanding of Grimco departmental processes including distribution, accounting, purchasing, and resolutions.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned (catalog/sample mailings, brochures, warehouse, special event planning and execution, etc.) to support team members and grow our business.
- Previous experience in sales, marketing, or customer service.
- Completed Post Secondary Education from an accredited college/university.
- Previous experience with ERP and CRM systems.
- Advanced/fluent skill levels of French or other language are always a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of full sales cycle and best practices.
- Competency in MS Office Suite, internet navigation, and order entry experience.
- Ability to take direction and to make independent decisions in a dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Active listener who can effectively problem solve and think outside the box.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and true commitment to customers and team members.
- Confidence and positive attitude are a must! Goal-oriented and competitive in sales/marketing activities.
New to the Sign Industry? What is Training Like?
- 3 weeks of focused training time followed by ongoing support by team members
- Majority of time training is focused on: products, computer systems, phones/customers, sales/service, purchasing, logistics, web store, marketing, safety, accounting, human resources, and reports.
- Split between break-out session and hands-on learning environment.
Grimco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immediate Opening. Full-Time Employment Status. Salaried Compensation with Eligibility to Participate in Company Commission & Incentive Plans. Employee Benefits Package Including: RRSP, Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Dependant Coverage, Travel Insurance, Grimco Cares Employee Assistance Fund, Goodlife Fitness and Perkopolis Discount Programs, Paid Personal & Sick Time, Holiday, & Vacation Accrual.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and are happy to provide accommodations upon request at all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any disability-related accommodation to support your participation in our recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Grimco is a national wholesale sign supply manufacturer and distributor with over 50 locations across North America. We focus on distributing quality products and providing excellent service to the sign industry. Our offering of sign supplies includes traffic signs, blanks, substrates, boards, digital print media, wrap films, sign vinyl, application tape, banner material and supplies, sign frames, banner stands, LEDs and electrical accessories, grand format solvent/UV/latex printers, inks, software and more.
Why Work at Grimco?
- We’re excited to be in business for over 145 years! We are a growing company that continues to evolve in our industry.
- We foster employee development that is focused on tailoring employees career paths based on their talents, strengths, and interests.
- We promote from within – our strong performers become our strong leaders.
- We have a fantastic team throughout North America and the UK, and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed and educated supplier in the industry.
- Our executives and managers are extremely accessible and work on the front lines of our business!
What Separates the Good from the Great at Grimco?
Those who are successful at Grimco demonstrate determination, competitive drive, and an eagerness to learn all facets of our company. They must have a strong desire to provide exceptional customer experiences, constantly prepare for future leadership and they are hungry to make an immediate impact on a stable, growing company.
By completing this online application for employment, you certify that the information on this application is true and complete to the best of your knowledge. You understand that any misrepresentation or omission of fact in response to any inquiry made in this application may result in rejection of application or, if hired, dismissal whenever it is discovered. You authorize and release all parties from any liability or damage that may result from seeking, furnishing or using such information. You understand and agree that, if hired, your employment is for no definite period and may, regardless of the date of payment of compensation, be terminated by Grimco, Inc. at any time, for any or no reason, with or without notice. You understand that no representation to the contrary is valid unless in writing, setting a definite term of employment, and signed by the company's CEO. You further understand and agree that any job offer is contingent upon your passing, to the company's satisfaction, criminal background check, reference check, and other possible screenings. You understand that this application is active for 90 days only, and if you do not hear from the company but still wish to be considered for employment after 90 days, you will need to fill out a new application.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person