who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about the team
Our Global Distribution teams are part of our greater lululemon Supply Chain organization. This team supports lululemon’s overall purpose by ensuring we are fulfilling our products to our guests through our various channels including our retail stores and ecommerce.
a day in the life
The Inventory Control Supervisor is also responsible for all aspects of their assigned department operations as well as the development of their people. The responsibilities would include:
- Works cross-functionally with key partners in our Store Support Center and Retail Operations to effectively achieve or exceed goals and produce outcomes in line with the company vision.
- Leads department operations to meet specific company SLAs (service level agreements)
- Leads strategic projects and assignments as required, under the direction of the Distribution Center Manager and General Manager
- Performs real time audits of on hand inventory as part of our SOX program
- Supports team in performing investigations to resolve inventory inaccuracies in Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Effectively manages their budget with full accountability for operational labor and supply costs on a weekly and monthly basis
- Acts as a coach to their team playing a hands-on roll in their development to build their talent pipeline. They do this by actively developing their team through vision and goals, coaching and feedback.
- Accountable for driving DC Safety Program and maintaining a healthy work environment
- Manages employee performance including but not limited to UPH, attendance, vacation, employee separations, annual review, merit process, and documentation.
- Bachelors/Associates degree in engineering, supply chain, logistics, operations or relevant on the job experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse or similar environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and high level of understanding of Warehouse Management System
- Ability to understand and implement lean methodology and continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to lead and maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to obtain a powered industrial truck (PIT) operator certification depending on business needs
- Flexible and adaptable with schedule which could include nights, working required holidays, some weekends with occasional after-hours requirements
- Subject to wearing personal protective equipment as defined by the local distribution center
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
This role is classified as In-Person under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration and/or office-based work is necessary or important for the role. Work is mainly performed onsite, 4-5 days per week depending on role requirements.