Westpro Machinery Inc. is an innovative Canadian company with an experienced engineering team that designs and manufactures mineral processing equipment. We have a global presence and over 37 years of experience in the mining industry with worldwide manufacturing capabilities and equipment installations in over 20 countries.
Westpro requires a Mechanical Technologist to join our team at our manufacturing plant in Puslinch, Ontario!
· Interpreting engineering drawings, designs and specifications for the shop floor.
· Receiving, QA and QC inspection including documentation of inbound and outbound products.
· QC Fitments, Weldments, and Assemblies.
· Liaison with the engineering design team.
· Assist with shop scheduling and expediting.
· Assist with the release of shop travelers and work orders.
· Kitting production parts.
· Generate shipping load plans.
· Review equipment test plans and assist with equipment testing.
· Degree or Diploma Mechanical Engineering
Skills & Experience:
· 1-2 years engineering work experience.
· Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
· Ability to understand engineering drawings. Must be familiar with GD&T.
· Experience in AutoCAD/SolidWorks.
· Proficient in Excel
· Experience working with basic QC Inspection tools (Verniers, micrometers, etc.)
· Organized, accurate and thorough with a strong work ethic.
· A reliable and conscientious team player.
· Full time position.
· Monday – Friday from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
· Located in Puslinch, Ontario. North of Hwy 401 and south of Guelph.
· Reliable transportation is required.
· Extended Medical Benefits.
· GROWTH is an essential belief of the company. The company believes in training/developing their employees and offers a strong support network of seasoned engineers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Quality Control: 1 year (preferred)
- manufacturing shop floor: 1 year (preferred)
- GD&T: 1 year (preferred)
- Mechanical engineering: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person