Role of Driver -Crane Operator
The role of Crane Operator within our company is to safely and effectively deliver goods to a jobsite or residential area to meet customer requirements. We currently operate a multitude of equipment including 20 & 30 Ton Stiff Booms & Hiab Crane trucks. We are currently looking for Operators in both the Lower Mainland and Interior British Columbia.
Purpose and Responsibilities of Technical Salesperson
The Driver-Crane Operator is responsible for providing high quality service and the “Pro-line Advantage”, the individual will report directly to the Operations Manger.
Tasks and results for this position include:
- Ability to operate transport vehicle, (Crane or flat deck) to deliver goods
- Maintain accurate safety inspection records & delivery logs
- Double check material on truck to paperwork for accuracy
- Check surrounding areas for potential dangers, issues or warning signs before commencing unload or un-cradling crane.
- Safe Roof loading of commercial and residential products
- Maintain weight compliances both for truck and roadways
- Perform pre-trip inspections on equipment checking tires, lights, brakes, etc.
- Contact customer service if customer will experience any delivery delays or issues
- Occasionally will be responsible to load own truck, must have second set of eyes to double check load for accuracy.
- Check to make sure all safety equipment is readily available onboard vehicle
- Point out any damages or deficiencies to warehouse supervisor at time of loading or mark down on delivery log and advise customer service immediately.
A willingness to positively contribute to the team environment and positive corporate culture by passing on knowledge and experience and a flexible attitude towards work are essential requirements.
Skill and Educational Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Has current experience and understanding of the construction business, preferably in both commercial and residential.
Preferred Skills and Requirements
- Appropriate Driver’s License eg: Class 3 W/ Air brake endorsement
- Mechanical Aptitude an asset
- CraneSafe Certification required for crane operator positions
- Forklift Certification an asset (not required)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must always act in a polite and professional manner
- Ability to Lift up to 100 lbs regularly
- PPE must always be worn
We’ve been fortunate to hire some great people, and they’ve fueled the growth that has us hiring again. We hope you’ll be the next person to join the Pro-Line team.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $27.00 per hour