At DUCA, we strive for excellence in everything we do. Our commitment to Do more, Be more, Achieve more is what sets us apart and drives our company culture. DUCA’s impact goes beyond our financial solutions - we're dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and in our community.
We believe our employees are our most valuable resource! We are committed to providing you with the tools, support, and challenge you need to develop your career and achieve a healthy work-life balance while contributing to our outstanding culture. DUCA offers a strong total compensation package including competitive salaries and bonuses, employer-paid benefits, banking perks, wellness days, and much more.
Apply today and see what DUCA can do for you!
Job Purpose & Summary
The Network Engineer will configure, maintain, and secure DUCA’s network infrastructure, comprised of LAN, WAN and VOIP network environments across corporate offices and branches, datacenters, and cloud. This role will contribute to a positive, collaborative team environment.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Deploy and maintain Cisco network switches and routers
- Review, troubleshoot, and maintain Palo Alto firewalls & policies
- Configure and optimize software defined datacenter networking (VMware NSX-T)
- Investigate network infrastructure issues (including configuration review, packet inspection, etc.)
- Define, document, and enforce network systems & standards including network security policies and network access monitoring and controls
- Facilitate network tasks related to DUCA IT technology roadmap projects & initiatives
- Assist in short and long-term planning for network technology roadmap (including cross-technology and cross-platform configurations, resiliency & High Availability)
- Manage patching & security compliance of network devices
- Administer certificates & public DNS with appropriate third-party services
- Create templates and baseline configurations for network devices
- Manage backup & recovery of network configurations, and ensure high availability configurations are validated to support business continuity; participate in disaster recovery testing when required
- Facilitate technology audits in network categories as required
- Working with the cybersecurity team to ensure security tools are properly in place and configured optimally. This would include vulnerability scanning, IPS/IDS solutions.
- Provide insight to prioritization and scope of security remediations based on networking knowledge & experience
- Share knowledge and collaborate with team members including systems engineers, system administrators, and IT support staff
- Work with 3rd party service providers and vendors to support the network infrastructure
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- 5+ years working in an IT related field
- 3+ years working in a network administration capacity
- Palo Alto firewall & policy management experience required
- Proven experience with software defined networking (including VMware NSX-T & SD-WAN technologies)
- CCNA, CCNP certifications or equivalent Cisco networking experience
- Load Balancer, DNS & Certificate Management experience
- Experience deploying and life cycling wireless infrastructure (e.g., Ruckus) an asset
- MPLS networking experience an asset
- Networking configurations in public cloud environments (AWS) an asset
- VOIP experience an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Proven networking fundamental skills
- OSI model
- Routing/Switching (including OSPF & BGP)
- IP Subnetting & NAT
- VPN (IPsec, GRE, IKE)
- Layer 2 Connectivity including VLANs & Trunking
- Understanding of ACL’s & role-based access controls
- Implementation skills of redundant switch networks using Spanning Tree Protocol
- High level understanding of HSRP and VRRP to facilitate routing redundancy
- Comfortable in CLI environments, including basic scripting
- Familiar with PAN-OS next-gen firewall administration
- Excellent troubleshooting capability
- Independent contributor with the ability to self organize as well as ability to work with a team for specific projects and initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong documentation skills in creation of blueprints & reference configurations, training material, etc.
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
Normal office/hybrid environment.
This position will require some travel within the GTA to DUCA branches and data centres. It will also require occasional evening and weekend work, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Department: Information Technology
Primary Location: Corporate Office - 5255 Yonge St, North York, ON, M2N 5P8
Hours per Week: 38
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include a resume, cover letter optional.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.