Trappers Transport Ltd. is an industry leader aspiring to be the best-in-class provider of temperature-controlled food logistics services. We specialize in temperature-controlled warehousing, logistics, and transportation within Canada and the United States. This position will be part of the Plett Trucking team, a subsidiary of Trappers Transport Ltd.
Our brand is a reflection of our core values – great people, a great culture, and a team environment that promotes everyone to succeed. We are committed to each and every member on our team to provide training, a safe and respectful work environment, within a clean and comfortable working environment.
For more information, visit www.trapperstransport.comand follow us on LinkedIn
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Permanent Logistics Dispatcher/CSR at our Head Quarters in Winnipeg. This position is responsible for optimizing customer and driver satisfaction through planning and dispatching on-time pick-ups and deliveries that minimize driver down time and meet safety and D.O.T. regulations, while maintaining profitability and providing exceptional customer service.
Role and Responsibilities
- Overall day to day responsibility for the Planning, forecasting and management of Plett Trucking Ltd. assets (Drivers, Tractors, Trailers etc.)
- Local and highway dispatch
- Provide support to the Load Planner and Logistics Manager
- Ensuring pick-ups and deliveries are fully coordinated so as to fully satisfy the customers’ (shipper/ consignee) requirements.
- Provide personalized, high level customer service to exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior Transportation, and/or Logistics experience required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details required
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to thrive in a fast-pace, deadline-oriented environment
- Possess strong logic, and ability to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Outlook, Excel, Word
- Multi-task, must be flexible and balance shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and accurate
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits program. A career with Trappers Transport provides you with the opportunity to develop your own potential. We offer an open-minded, family environment and a work culture that empowers its employees to thrive.
Trappers Transports is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the individual and collective growth of our employees and a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- dispatching: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person