Under the general direction of the Branch Manager, this position supports the growth of the branch business by driving profitable sales growth and customer service through understanding.
Preferred Education & Experience:
A minimum of 1 to 2 years previous customer service experience is required
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and personal commitment to get the job done
- Demonstrated focus on “wowing” the customer with exceptional service
- Team-player and an ability to work independently
- Knowledge of industrial and/or safety products is preferred
- Superior interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills to effectively build relationships
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey message in an organized, clear and effective manner
- A self starter, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with proven ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Proficient computer skills and aptitude
- Knowledge of dangerous goods and WHMIS regulations is required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle (if driving required)
- Completion of High School Diploma at a minimum and Post Secondary education or equivalent work experience
The position may require you to attend at our customers’ sites. Some customers may have alcohol and drug screening policies for on-site contractors and vendors. You may be required to submit to such customer screening procedures as and when requested as a condition of being permitted on such sites.
Position reports to a Branch Manager
- Able to work in a fast paced changing environment.
- Significant daily interaction with team members, managers, customers, and local sellers.
- Work is performed in an showroom or warehouse environment with a moderate noise level and frequent distractions. Mutiple Customer site locations
- Majority of time is spent standing and walking.
- Physical requirements may include reaching, grasping, climbing, standing and bending. Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds, unassisted and heavier loads with assistance.
- Regular use of computer, keyboard and mouse.
This team member will partner with customers, vendors and contractors.
- Fosters open communication between all internal business partners including Sales, , Contact Centers, Distribution Centre, EH&S and On-Site Services teams.
- Support the sales team through up selling, service, pricing, delivery and inventory inquiries.
- Contribute to and build strong community relationships.
Rewards and Benefits:
Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet your individual needs. Check out some of the benefits available to you with Grainger (may vary based on hours worked):
Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage
- Paid time off (PTO) and up to 12 company holidays per year (dependent on home province)
- Life insurance coverage, including spousal and dependent life insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program to help team members with physical, emotional, mental, financial and other concerns
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan & Defined Contribution Pension Plan to help you save for your financial future
- Educational & Professional Membership Fee Assistance program
- Employee discounts, team member perks and more!
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly match this job post as you may still be the right candidate for this role or others. We aspire to create a culture where everyone is comfortable being who they are, can learn and grow to realize their full potential, and is recognized and rewarded for their impact.
Pre-employment background checks are required for all external candidates. Internal candidates undergo a background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. Accommodations are available on request.