Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
We are looking for a Technical Analyst to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As the most modern shipyard in North America, Irving Shipyard is defined by its pace and appetite for change. If you’re a natural leader and motivated by a fast-moving environment this opportunity is truly once in a lifetime. We are working on the largest and most complex shipbuilding initiative in Canada since World War II. Working with leading technology, you will get to see into the future for the Canadian Navy. As a Technical Analyst, customer service excellence will be top of mind. In this agile and collaborative position, you will competently assist with Deskside support in a multitude of environments. This tight knit team is looking for a self-starter who thrives on change and is comfortable with a wide range of technologies.
If you are looking for a truly unique opportunity in your career – this, is it. Come make your mark on Canadian history with JDI IT!
The successful candidate will need to pass rigorous security clearances. All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Provide day-to-day support to end users, specifically related to end user computing devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices)
- Resolve technical support issues that cannot be resolved by the Service Desk or requires hands on approach
- Deploy all IT solutions related to end user devices, including J.D. Irving Ltd. site set up and deployment of new end user technologies including desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, VoIP telephony, network equipment, server migrations, and satellite technology and software applications
- Analyze, document, and escalate critical issues to appropriate support groups
- Monitor and ensure timely escalation of customer issues to internal organizations and/or vendors
- Perform preventative maintenance and install upgrades and options
- Post-secondary education in a related technical field
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer facing technical position
- Customer service mindset with a high level of attention on delivering a quality service
- Physical ability to complete setups and deployment of computer equipment
- Experience with the following technologies: Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Microsoft SCCM, DHCP, DNS, WIFI, Satellite, VSat, Active Directory
- Basic networking skills both wireless and end point switching (Cisco, Juniper) and client remote access
- Customer focused: motivated by inspiring others to do things differently
- Technically inclined, process oriented and driven by a natural curiosity
- Analytical; enjoy problem solving and being empowered to make decisions
- Happy in an environment where you can work independently as well as collaboratively
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent and customer focused communication skills while building a professional relationship with end users
- A continuous learner: acquiring new skills and software applications is second nature
- At home in a fast-paced work environment where solutions are not always clearly defined
- A practiced communicator with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Organized, analytical and business savvy
- Certifications: Network+, A+, Lenovo Hardware, Dell Hardware, Cisco Switching (CCNA)
JDI IT : Who we are and what we offer
At JDI IT, the belief that what people experience matters more than technology is part of our foundational core.
With over 300 employees, we offer the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. From forestry, to transportation, to shipbuilding, we are working directly with our business counterparts to align their strategies to continued advancements in IT. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and “getting it done”!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We appreciate your interest! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.