In Time is a workforce management software built for public safety. The product is designed to make scheduling and workforce management easier for police, sheriff departments, fire, corrections, and dispatch. As the leader in public safety scheduling, InTime draws expertise from helping over 500+ public safety agencies in managing their daily scheduling and operations for over 25 years. They are a trusted partner in the market with a secure platform that solves the most complex workforce challenges facing public safety agencies.
Located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, In Time is a collective of 30 (and growing) dedicated solution-ists with a passion for technology. From Sales and Customer Success to Support and Marketing all the way to Development, the team is truly collaborative and seeks to leverage each other's strengths. Fluid teamwork and open communication enable an effective and highly engaged team without the formalities of a corporate environment. The team leads with respect and grounds all that they do in doing the right thing and promoting folks showing up as them true selves.
To unlock the continued success of In Time , we are in search of an Intermediate Software Developer. This role will be critical to the modernization of In Time's solution for a containerized cloud environment. The Intermediate Software Developer will collaborate with the team to create clean designs and will be accountable for:
- DESKTOP DEVELOPMENT: desktop and mobile browser application development leveraging Vaadin, desktop client development using Java Swing/JFX.
- MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT: on Android leveraging Java/Kotlin, on iOS using Swift.
- SERVER-SIDE DEVELOPMENT: on Java EE.
- TESTING: creating automated unit tests to verify function.
- O/R MAPPING
- 4+ years experience in software development, fluent in Java with Swift or Kotlin experience preferred.
- 3+ years experience working in Java EE with the ability to effectively leverage our stack from Mobile/Web/Java desktop clients through to application server and database.
- Experience effectively designing RDBMS in SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Experience with web development and Docker is preferred.
- Ability to work in-office in Vancouver, BC.
IS THIS THE ROLE FOR YOU?
- You thrive in an environment where you are able to iteratively develop and use customer feedback to enhance the product.
- Collaborating with your team gives you energy. Whether it be grabbing a coffee in the office together, using our fitness facilities or pulling your bike out of our storage to hit the seawall as a team, you work better together.
- The idea of delivering highly technical work with ample heavy lifting across 900k+ lines of a 3-tier application and unit test code excites you.
- You take utmost ownership over the work that you deliver. To help you take it to the next level, in addition to a competitive compensation plan, we offer an employee share ownership program.
- When the workday is done, you can't help yourself but to be thinking about where the development world is heading and what new tech is coming down the line.
We are happy to provide accommodations to support candidates throughout the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions or suggestions regarding accessibility in a different format, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6E 3V5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Software development: 4 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6E 3V5