The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Guest Service Representative, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience. You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
Proud to be a part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) family, The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Langley on 8750 204th Ave, Langley BC, is a 91 rooms hotel located in the heart of Walnut Grove, British Columbia. We are currently recruiting for a dynamic individual to fill the part time position of Front Desk who isn't afraid to go that extra mile.
Your typical day-to-day:
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience
- Acknowledge IHG One Rewards Members and returning guests, in person or on the phone
- Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities and telling them about ways to improve their stay
- Handle cash and credit transactions
- Start every stay right by swiftly and accurately checking guests in and out – take IDs, hand out room keys, and control and release safety deposit boxes
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
- Communicate fearlessly and frequently with guests, management, and team members via detailed notes, shift reports, and accurate logs.
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and wear any protective gear needed
- Take pride in your appearance and place as a brand ambassador
- Always know what events and activities are on the day’s schedule
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
Skills and Requirement
- You are a positive, courteous, and energetic individual who excels in customer support.
- Have a flexible and reliable schedule to work at any time (including night shifts, weekends, and holidays)
- Work well both alone and in a team setting. Willing to put in the extra effort to help out different departments within the hotel.
- Must be self-motivated and have a high degree of detail in any communication or workings with teammates.
- Typing speed of 45 WPM.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Passionate about customer care.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A minimum of 1-year guest services related experience in a related industry.
- Minimum High School or Secondary School diploma
- Experience with Opera would be considered a strong asset.
- Previous hotel experience would be considered a strong asset.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many words can you type per minute?
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- and writes fluently in English (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person