Waste Control Service (WCS) is an essential partner in providing businesses with sustainable solutions towards reducing their landfill contribution and disposal of their waste. We drive to build partnerships with businesses that align with our values and desire to make a difference within their community. We are committed to helping businesses and households make the recovery of waste second nature and our goal is to transition communities from being environmentally aware to sustainable leaders. We pride ourselves on providing first class service and competitive service packages. We are a leader of innovation in our industry and assist to problem solve for our customers in every category of waste and recovery services.
The Roll Off Driver is responsible for completing routes in the Roll Off Division. This role is required to operate roll off vehicles in a safe and responsible manner, while completing assigned routes. This individual must maintain customer relations to the highest standard with highly developed interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect vehicle at the start and end of the route/shift to ensure safe operating conditions.
- Refuel and/or add required fluids such as oil or coolant as deemed necessary.
- Complete the appropriate paperwork daily, including Pre/Post Trip Inspection forms and Route Sheets accurately.
- Operate the equipment safely and efficiently while complying with all government regulations and WCS policies and procedures.
- Communicate with Dispatch/Management concerning delays, unsafe sites, incidents, breakdowns or any other maintenance issues.
- Clean the vehicle, including the interior and bulkhead.
- Organize the route sequencing and keys, remotes etc. as necessary.
- Class 3 License with Air Brakes Endorsement – Class 1 License is preferred.
- Two years of experience in the waste management industry is preferred.
- Ability to work in a diverse and evolving group dynamic.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment, while maintaining a positive and respectful work atmosphere with the other employees.
- Ability to work with little to no supervisions at times with the added expectation to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to climb, lift, balance, stoop, stand, walk and bend for more than 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment.
- Must be able to reach above their shoulders.
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds.
Waste Control Services has been a reputable employer for 30 years-come join our team and work with positive people who love what they do! We thank all applicants who have shown an interest in this position however we will only be contacting those candidates who are under further consideration.