Are you a senior IT professional with experience leading projects through the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)? If so, then consider this opportunity with the Solutions Delivery Branch supporting the development, implementation and operation of key business applications for the Labour and Transportation I&IT Cluster's client ministries.
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
In this role, you will:
- develop and support enterprise level n-tier web (Java-based) and/or business intelligence / data analytics solutions and/or database technologies, comprising of custom and /or COTS implementations.
- provide second-level technical support, maintenance, and enhancements for Java-based applications hosted by the Digital Solutions Branch (DSB)
- hands-on, technical knowledge of: software, tools and languages such as J2EE, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS, RAD, Websphere, Oracle, Tomcat Erwin, Visio, Java Script, HTML, XML and SQL; Windows/Solaris operating environment;
- knowledge and hands-on experience with CRM / Case Management product development (CURAM, Siebel etc).
- knowledge and hands-on experience with RESTful API's and SOAP webservices.
- knowledge of design and operating principles of low code platforms
- provide technical expertise in the design, development and implementation of strategies to monitor
and alert of events that could potentially breach the capability to meet the service level target commitments with stakeholders
- identify existing and potential broad systems issues and make recommendations
- define overall system requirements and evaluate the feasibility of various options
- develop training and information sessions
- work collaboratively with client managers and staff stakeholders to ensure that client business needs are understood and addressed
- provide technical systems development expertise by coordinating analysis of client needs
- provide technical expertise in complex systems analysis and design
- provide consultation, training and technical advice
- lead and/or participate on project teams engaged in a wide variety of I&IT development projects
- excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, negotiation/influence and client-relationships skills to: discuss client/program service delivery needs, requirements, goals, objectives and priorities
- develop and recommend systems development solutions and train/support clients after implementation; ensure performance and standards needs are achieved while delivering business solutions to the customer.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ITIL, application deployment, testing, and release management processes to contribute to the development, delivery and on-going support of applications
- knowledge of business process analysis techniques, structured system life cycle methodologies for business applications and detailed systems specification design
- knowledge of information and application architecture, data modelling, mobile technologies and emerging technologies to lead the development and customization of software solutions
- excellent knowledge and experience with Application Lifecycle Management, Software Development and Design principles.
- in-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery and other DevOps practices
- knowledge of complex programming concepts and languages to lead the preparation of detailed design specifications, testing, implementation and documentation
- current knowledge of software products to ensure the infrastructure is compatible with technology changes and directions.
- good oral communication and listening skills to: participate in technical discussions with vendors, customers, other technical staff; discuss technical requirements, participate in project teams, and discuss systems development recommendations with team members in clear, non-technical terms while communicating advantages and disadvantages of various options and their impacts; to participate in discussions of technology acquisitions options and technical processes.
- good written communication skills to: communicate information to both a technical and non-technical audience, prepare project reports, analysis, recommendations, design/development documentation manuals and senior level briefing materials, cost benefits analysis and reports
- You can manage conflicting priorities and organize work to meet deadlines
- You have knowledge of project management techniques and methodology, including planning, estimating, scheduling, measuring, monitoring and controlling to manage large and complex application projects and concurrent project components.
- You have knowledge of agile product development practices
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze and evaluate design alternatives and consider business needs and lead the development of I&IT solutions to improve program and service delivery.
- Your evaluation skills enable you to conceptualize approaches to monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of applications managed by the branch.
- You have analytical skills to assess the feasibility of a broad range of options, make recommendations and develop customized strategies to resolve unique problems.
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve existing and potential systems issues and perform threat and risk assessments and business impact analyses.
- You stay ahead of the curve keeping yourself well informed of technology trends
- You have oral and written communication skills to interact with the consulting and discussion process and prepare business cases and final reports.
- You have presentation skills to conduct training and information sessions.
- You have consultative skills to consult with and provide advice to leads, program staff and management.