Security Engineer - Contractor
Pyrethra (www.pyrethra.com) is a Technology Advisory and Consulting Corporation based in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada with both national and international service scope. We are in the process of growing our team: we are currently hiring a security engineer contractor
We expect each member of our team should have a passion for technology and well-developed network within the technology industry.
As a Security engineer contractor, you will
1. Design, build, maintain and test security systems.
2. Efficient and real monitoring and detect security threats and vulnerability, respond to security breaches.
3. Plan, Devise and implement security plan for clients IT architecture and associated systems.
4. Capable of leading investigation, analysis and resolution of complex security breaches
5. Work alongside other Pyrethra staff and contractors to guarantee maximum security level across the architecture and associated systems.
6. Lead security incidents exercises and simulation to ensure the robustness and soundness of security incident plan.
7. Advise in change management, contribute/collaborate with other staff and contractors including but not limited to system engineers, system administrators, cloud engineers, software developers, business development, tender/bidding teams, compliance, finance and accounting to deliver competitive and sound product and services to the customers.
8. Keep abreast with the latest trends in the cyber security industry and participate in industry events and deliver cyber awareness trainings.
9. Contribute to Pyrethra thought leadership through podcasts, video, white papers and other publications.
Minimum Qualifications and Eligibility Criteria
1. Be trustworthy, have integrity and be consistent.
2. Advanced degree in IT security, computer science, mathematics or a bachelor's degree at least 4 years of relevant experience in IT security field with certifications CISSP, GCIH, GDAT, GREM, GSOC, CEH, GCIA, Azure AZ-500.
4. knowledge of enterprise detection technologies and processes (Advanced Threat Detection Tools, NDR, Network Packet Analysis, XDR)
5. Experience with SIEM such as LogRhythm, Sentinel, Splunk and implementing advanced log management and automation solutions.
6. Experience in working in a global security center (SOC) and experience managing security analyst at tier 2 or tier 3
7. Experience in major hybrid cloud environment e.g., Azure, AWS etc
8. Knowledge of major IT security standards and regulations
9. Be eligible to work in Canada and and able to commute within the GTA as need arises.
10. Background check will be required.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: $35,009.62-$125,507.60 per year
- Elaborate on past job experience in Network security. Provide specifics on your role
- security engineering: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-29