At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Vancouver is seeking Software Development Interns to work with the Information Technology team. The internships are based at our office in Richmond, British Colombia and are all 8 months in length, starting in early January, 2024.
Our Student interns work side-by-side with experienced professionals and are given a unique experience as they learn the ropes and attain newfound competencies. Interns are exposed to on-the-job challenges as they work on hands-on tasks, undergo training, and have the opportunity to work on special projects. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, we encourage you to apply.
- Designing, developing and testing software code
- Working with a team to solve problems that impact the business
- Participating in meetings and reviews
- Working with a Mentor
- Making presentations
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite in Richmond, BC.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Must be eligible to handle US export-controlled data.
- Individual must not pose a risk for safeguarding of controlled goods
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student with an accredited university or college.
- Related work/internship software development experience
- Must have advanced ability in the use of Microsoft Office which includes Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Java development
- Experience working with Python
- Graduates are ineligible unless continuing in post graduate studies.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.