Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Home Health team in beautiful Kelowna, B.C. If you have great communication skills and are a reliable, flexible and motivated Registered Nurse, apply today!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
- Supports the client’s achievement of safe, realistic, and reasonable goals by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating and transitioning nursing and other care services for the client
- Develops, implements and adapts a care plan, delivers direct care, assesses service eligibility and provides care management to help clients manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community setting
- Enhances quality of life for the client and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
- Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
- Maintains and advances own clinical competence
- Participates on designated committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
The Continuous Home Health position duties may include, but are not limited to, case management, wound care, palliative care and general nursing assessment and intervention. The population is varied but primarily older adults with multiple comorbidities.
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days; rotating from 08:30 to 16:30 hours.
About this location/unit:
Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving city of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the south central region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here in the Okanagan Valley.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
Graduation from an approved school of nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Candidates must also hold a valid B.C. driver’s license.