At Meridian, our aspiration is to integrate our purpose into everything we do for people, the planet, and communities. We believe that our greatest opportunity is to create opportunity and meet people where they are.
Find our story here: About Meridian
Our Retail Banking Practice:
Our vision is to be recognized as the financial institution that has the most local impact, supported by a purposeful value proposition to our Members.
We have a passion for ensuring we maintain our tradition of exceeding Member expectations and helping them achieve their best lives. We deliver advice-based banking while providing tools that reduce complexity, offering the right information, and motivating our Members to reach their overall financial goals.
Our Retail teams work alongside our partners in Wealth, Small Business, and Mobile Mortgage Specialists to support our Members' holistic financial growth.
As a Financial Services Representative:
You will be joining a team of highly engaged financial service professionals who are dedicated to providing an exceptional Member Experience!
In this role, your primary responsibilities will be to understand the financial needs of our Members to provide the appropriate solutions. This will include completing front line transactional services to support their day to day banking, as well as the opportunity to grow by fulfilling advisory sales such as opening new accounts, offering credit, deposit, finding opportunities for wealth referrals.
- Identify and fulfill Member account requests and identify opportunities to grow the relationship through referrals
- Provide Members with advice on designated investment and credit products by identifying and promoting the right solutions that fit their needs
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality to respect Members’ privacy
- With autonomy to resolve Member Concerns, look to build action plans to avoid issues advancing
- Participate in branch activities in support of expanding the Member relationship and growing our Digital Ambassador Program
- Act as an engaged teammate and trusted partner to build and cultivate internal relationships within the Member Experience teams and cross-functional departments, while ensuring achievement of Retail Experience goals
- Demonstrate empathy with colleagues by communicating thoughts and ideas openly while promoting inclusivity and a sense of belonging towards others in the workplace
- Continue individual learning and development to align with Meridian values while delivering on action plans aligned with Employee Engagement results
- Promote Meridian in your community by participating in community activities or events while demonstrating our values
- Support local community organizations and activities through Business Development and Good Neighbour Program including planning, preparation, and delivery of Meridian hosted community events
How you will succeed:
- Strong desire for career growth within the financial services industry with acquired business and financial industry knowledge
- Post-secondary education with previous work experience in a customer service sales environment and/or, previous work experience in a financial services sales environment is considered an asset
- Flexible to work all scheduled hours which include some evenings and Saturdays
- Proven understanding of computer systems and programs including Microsoft Office, and Outlook
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Effective organizational time management, and problem-solving skills
Join us! This role is in office at our Erin Mills & Folkway, 4099 Erin Mills Pkwy, Unit 7, Mississauga, ON L5L 3P9.
What's in it for you?
As a Certified Living Wage Employer, you are guaranteed to earn a living wage with us, including an impressive benefits package which includes:
- Paid vacation time, and other time off
- Employer-paid health benefits
- Defined contribution pension matching
- Financial benefits including free banking, and special rates on mortgages, lines of credits and more
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Unique rewards and recognition program
You will benefit from an inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success. You will also receive the right training, tools and technology needed to delight our Members, with the opportunity to learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top organizations around the world.
Meridian is Ontario’s largest credit union, and second largest in Canada, helping to grow the lives of our more than 360,000 Members. Meridian has more than 75 years of banking history and is 100% owned by its members. With 89 retail branches and 15 Business Banking Centers across Ontario and $ 30B in assets under management, Meridian offers a broad range of financial products and services to its retail, business banking and wealth members. With over 2000 employees and corporate offices located in Toronto and St. Catharines, Meridian has a track record of creating and delivering innovative new offerings and is committed to investing in the communities that we serve. Our plan is to build on our momentum as we deliver on our purpose - helping our members achieve their best life.
Our Commitment to You:
Meridian is committed to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to employing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities and Members in which we live and serve.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Meridian Credit Union.
Follow us on Twitter at
Connect with us on LinkedIn