Who we are?
Bluewater Group: “Solution Focused, Customer Driven” – leaders in Warehousing & Logistics, Shipping supplies, Mobil branded Lubricants, for over 40 years. Blue Water Group has won the Deloitte Canada’s Best Managed Companies Award 7 years in a row!
Bluewater Group is an expanding organization that currently employs over 300 people across the country. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer exceptional career opportunities. Blue Water is an excellent learning environment for seasoned and inexperienced candidates who enjoy taking on new challenges and share the same core values as us Integrity, Attitude, Customer Focus, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
At Bluewater Group we are committed and dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our team feels comfortable to come to work everyday and most importantly enter the work environment knowing that they belong.
At Bluewater Group, human resources (HR) is focused on understanding what people need and knowing how to provide it. If you’re a people-person looking to advance you career in the exciting world of HR, this is the best place to dive in. We’re in search of a qualified and resourceful HR generalist to support our HR department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. The HR generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, onboarding, training and development, compensation & benefits and employee relations. At Bluewater Group we understand that our business thrives when our personnel thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals.
This position reports to: Human Resources Manager
Objectives of this Role
- Provide both day to day and strategic support for Human Resources
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Assist in administering employee performance programs
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department, the organization, and to improve employee experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR provincial and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Prepare paperwork, coordinate training and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Provide offboarding support
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create a safe an efficient conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Organize quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Provide payroll support through coordinating approvals validating timesheets and expense reimbursements and vacation requests.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply
To learn more about Blue Water Group please visit our website; www.bluewatergroup.ca
We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$48,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: One location