Docker Transport Inc. is a service-driven short haul delivery company. It is known by its clients to be passionate and dedicated. Docker Transport is seeking to hire another hardworking, responsible, and self-driven Delivery Driver. If this sounds like you, please apply to join our growing team in Kelowna, BC. There are openings for permanent part-time or permanent full-time basis.
The incumbent will operate a commercial 5-ton truck. Adherence to National Safety Code standards and commercial driver policies is a must.
The Delivery Driver will work with other Delivery Associates to perform retail commercial, and multi-family deliveries. Each day, teams load a 5-ton truck with large items, strapping down all the items inside to secure. Teams then travel to various customer locations to deliver the large items. Many items require team lifting and exceed 100lbs in weight. Dollies, straps, suction cups, and other lifting tools are provided. Teams work together to complete all deliveries damage-free and provide excellent customer service. Teams use planning, tools, and safe lifting techniques in each delivery.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Performing necessary pre and post trip inspection. Reporting of any vehicle maintenance issues.
- Punctual and reliable for regular shifts beginning in the morning.
- Work in synergy with other team members.
- Deliver products within assigned route schedule and time windows.
- Immediately inform dispatchers of any deviations from the route.
- A focus on health and safety of yourself and others. Adhering to health and safety protocols and reporting any possible hazard.
- Keeping an accurate and up-to-date logbook for trips exceeding 160km from home base.
Required for the position:
- Class 5 Driver’s license.
- Qualifying commercial driver’s abstract.
- Safe heavy items lifting techniques. Physically capable of lifting 50 to 100lbs.
- Experience in operating basic hand and power tools.
- Basic personal protective equipment (PPE) - Steel toe work shoes, hard hat, hi-vis vest.
- You have to be located within the Kelowna region
Desired for the position:
- Comfortable communicating with customers, clients, and co-workers.
- Professional Demeanor.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Benefits of Employment:
- Extended health and dental benefits offered to qualifying employees.
- Great company culture.
- Opportunities for future advancement.
- Uniformed shirts provided.
Docker Transport Inc. wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. We look forward to receiving your application for this awesome opportunity. Thank you for reading.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- How much experience do you have driving a 5 ton truck ?
- For how many years you have drove a commercial trucks in BC ?
- Do you have any experience delivering furniture or appliances ?
- delivery driving: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person