Bow Valley College is Calgary and region’s only Comprehensive Community College with 14,000 full- and part-time students and campuses in Airdrie, Cochrane, and Okotoks. Our graduates contribute to the digital economy, careers in business, TV & film production, and serve on the frontlines of healthcare and social services. Bow Valley College invests in three applied research pillars: educational technology, social innovation, and health.
Why work at Bow Valley College? Bow Valley College is an Alberta Top 75 employer made up of employees who are committed to our learners´ success, as well as each other´s. Our values of respect, inclusion, creativity, teamwork, and resilience are reflected in how we work together to include all learners, challenge our thinking, remove barriers, provide opportunity, and make all learning count.
Reporting to the Manager, Career Services for Immigrant Professionals, this position is the first point of contact for internationally educated immigrant professionals. The receptionist/administrative assistant is a member of the team responsible for delivering services for the Directions for Immigrants contract with an objective of helping immigrants obtain their career goals. Understanding and ensuring the deliverables and milestones of the service are essential to success in this role.
This position will:
- Provide reception and administrative duties for the team and service.
- Greet and provide excellent customer support in person, on the phone and by email to new and current clients.
- Create a welcoming environment for clients and guests.
- Respond to client questions and enquiries.
- Oversee the collecting and inputting of client records and government client tracking entries.
- Manage administrative activities for the team.
- Complete month end reporting duties.
Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greets clients and provides information on services and eligibility criteria in person, by telephone or
- Schedules client appointments, managing rescheduling client appointments and registering clients in workshops and events.
- Maintains career coach appointment calendars, monthly workshop calendar and client
- Understands basic occupation specific licensing information and is able to ask appropriate questions to prospective
- Assists clients with self-directed resources – computers, multi-function unit (printing, scanning and faxing)
- Supports and trains casual administrative support
- Assists with participant registration at client and community partner
- Refers clients to alternative services and programs
- Develops, organizes and maintains a client records management system of electronic and hardcopy.
- Enters client information in the application and Government of Alberta client tracking system.
- Manages general email and responds to enquiries forwards emails that require more detailed responses to appropriate team.
- Monitors enrollment in workshops, events and study groups.
- Directly contacts clients by email, phone and text for upcoming appointments, workshops and events.
- Certificate in related area.
- One year of relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork.
- Sensitive to other cultures and diversity.
- Customer service, data entry and phone etiquette
- Knowledge of Mobius.
Closing Date: October 10, 2023
This opening is a casual, AUPE position.
Please note all successful candidates will be required to provide copies of government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
Bow Valley College is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community. We welcome applications from qualified candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees including, but not limited to, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.