Guest Services Agent
Employer Quality Inn Halifax Airport Hotel
Position Level Entry Level
Posting Date September 28th, 2023
Location Nova Scotia – Goffs (Near Airport)
Manages Others No
Position Classification Guest Services
Terms of Employment This is a term position possibly leading to permanent part time/full time position.
Position Available Date Immediately
At Quality Inn Halifax Airport, we believe our guests select our hotel because of our employees who foster traditional Maritime Hospitality and who are dedicated to providing personalized service and meaningful experiences. Guest Services Agents are responsible for the guest reservation and registration processes as well as the communication of hotel services and promotions. Other duties include;
· Good customer service and communication skills.
· Processing forms of payment during guest departures.
· Responding to guest inquires over the phone or in-person.
· Answering phone calls swiftly and appropriately.
· Communicate any guest complaints to the Manager on Duty to aid in the resolving of any issues.
· Creating reservations in Choice Advantage, modifying reservations based on guest requests, cancelling reservations.
· Answering questions about the hotel and its services to the guests.
· Maintaining a clean and organized work station.
· Handling wake-up calls and put down shuttle requests for guests.
This highly visible role gives opportunity for casual conversation and has a direct impact on creating the guest experience. This is a fast-paced work environment which demands effective multitasking and extensive guest contact.
A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment. Refined verbal and written communication skills. The availability to work a variety of shifts with days off that vary from week to week, and the ability to work days/evenings, weekends, including Sunday’s, and holidays as required. Experience and a thorough understanding of Front Office operations is considered an asset. Bilingualism or multilingualism considered an asset. Previous hotel experience is preferred but not required.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll enjoy a very competitive benefit package. This involves a competitive wage, exceptional group insurance plan, an extensive employee travel benefit program through the Choice Hotels Brand within Canada and the United States. We frequently invite our employees to build on strengths through training and certification programs. Regular feedback helps you to improve and for us to take notice. Uniforms are provided for Shuttle Drivers. An enthusiastic Social Committee organizes employee functions throughout the year including BBQ’s, parties, dances, award ceremonies and other exciting recreational activities throughout the year.
If you meet the qualifications for the above position, please apply to Kari Webber, Guest Services Manager with a cover letter and a current resume, without submission an interview will not be scheduled.
Quality Inn Halifax Airport is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $15.25 per hour
Expected hours: 24 – 32 per week
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Goffs, NS B2T 1K3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person