Modern Beauty was established in Calgary, AB, in 1986. Today, we are Canada’s largest family-owned supplier with over 40 stores across Canada. At Modern, we are the exclusive distributor of numerous product lines recognized worldwide. We are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for our continuous expansions, progressive thinking, and our ability to accommodate our growing client base while ensuring our employees are treated like family.
Being a family-owned company, we take business personally and as we continue to grow. We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Outside Sales Representative to join our team as the face of the company in supporting Tri-cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody) and surrounding area.
Our sister brand - Mod Products distributes professional salon, barber shop and spa beauty supplies to licensed industry professionals. We carry several different color lines and aesthetic products, along with a full range of cosmetics and accessories.
This position is rewarding and profitable, ideal for those who are self-driven with a strong entrepreneurial spirit that are aiming to create personal gain. In addition, we want someone who has a positive, outgoing personality but can work independently. If you are a people-person who is passionate about the beauty industry, highly motivated, reliable, and loves to provide exceptional service and sales support, this is the position for you!
- Conduct presentations and demonstrations of MBS products to new and existing clients to grow sales and build brand loyalty
- Soliciting of potential clients through cold calling within one’s respective territory
- Ability to manage time wisely and actively managing a call schedule to ensure individual territory is covered in a timely manner
- Being confident in managing ones assigned area by maintain accurate records of sales call reports, work plans and other documentation
- Maintaining knowledge of the industry education by attending trade/hair shows and other events
- Liaison of Mod Products – maintain a high level of professionalism and tact when overcoming objections from new or existing clients; always portray the company in a positive manner
- The ability to align individual and company objectives with the goal of satisfying and retaining customers through anticipating wishes and needs
- Demonstrate ability to close sales and hit quotas using each client interaction as an opportunity to acquire, retain and up-sell
- Service new and existing accounts through service calls and appointment ensuring accuracy in obtaining and entering orders
- Willingness to become an expert in product knowledge with exceptional communication and sales presentation skills
- Ambitious self-starter with passion for the beauty industry
- Ability to work individually while fostering good relationship with clients, managers and team members
- 2-3 years of outside sales experience is an asset
- Strong problem identification skills with proven record in overcoming objections with persistence
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as out of office work is essential
- A valid passport is required - frequent travel, which may include travel outside of Canada
If you qualify for this position, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- British Columbia: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person