Connective is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides innovative programming in the social services sector. We strive to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all.
The Home Share Program is a residential option in which adults with developmental disabilities live with someone who is contracted with Connective to provide ongoing support. The In-Home Caregiver role is to provide a safe home environment where adults can develop social and life skills to ready themselves to reach their full potential for independence by working with them on a daily basis.
For more information on the Home Share residential option, please visit the CLBC Website
This position requires the supervision of the client as needed.
Coquitlam, Port-Coquitlam, Port Moody, New Westminster, Maple Ridge, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Vancouver, Burnaby
- Provides flexible and evolving support to individuals changing needs within a home
- Works with the guidelines and instructions within the Home Sharing Services Handbook and all other policies and standards set for the Home Sharing Program
- Provides suitable accommodation (ownership or lease), to be the primary residence of the individual
- Ensures a stable, structured and home-like environment and positive role models to guarantee the safety of the Individual
- Takes appropriate action to accomplish the objectives set for the service user
- Cooperates with any plan established by the Agency or the Ministry for the placement of the Individual outside the Home
- Establishes safety and emergency procedures to provide support, care and supervision consistent with the Personal Service Plan of the Individual
- Ensures that the Individual and their chosen family are involved in all planning and decision making on matters affecting the Individual, whenever possible
- Assists the individual in making effective choices concerning the development and maintenance of friendships and relationships
- Conducts regular and ongoing communication with the individual’s support teams, maintaining clear and professional relationships
- Fulfills necessary administrative duties, such as completing Critical Incident Reports
- Reports to Home Share Manager on a regular basis, and in bi-monthly check-ins
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Has a trauma informed approach and/or a harm reduction model of support
- Is adept at conflict resolution and de-escalation
- Is familiar with Positive Behaviour Interventions and Supports
- Has appropriate space and time to care for the individual
- Has a desire or experience to assist individuals achieve their optimal independence
- Significant and recent experience in providing care to individuals facing multiple barriers
Preference for Home Share Providers with Social Services experience and knowledge of non-profit work environments, and Developmental Disabilities.
- Ability to successfully complete a Criminal Records Check for everyone in the residence that is over 18 years old
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Resides in the Lower Mainland
- Comfortable working with substance use and mental health
- Basement suite or room in the house needed
The compensation will vary according with the contract and individual being served. The contract may range between $1585 - $3500 per month.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Access to a range of staff mental health supports
- Employee Family Assistance Program and Critical Incidents Stress Management
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Connective, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities or other marginalized communities.