Ryan Vending is growing its team and we are looking for a dynamic individual to join us!
This key position (Route Driver) involves servicing customer accounts, driving our delivery van with a variety of products, maintaining inventory, stocking coolers, storage areas, maintaining and stocking assorted coffee equipment and most importantly - providing excellent customer care. This role also supports the efficient running and maintenance of our warehouse space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Restocking vending machines at various client locations throughout the Lower Mainland
- Recording transactions and inventories on company provided hand held electronic device.
- Flexible to a changing work schedule to service key accounts.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of all equipment to ensure our customer experiences are appealing.
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Required repetitive heavy lifting of products, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Handling customer issues in a calm, efficient and professional manner.
- Be a Team Player with a can-do attitude.
- May be required to do some work in the warehouse as part of your regular job duties
- May be required to cover to routes of any driver in the territory
- Requires solid organizational and problem-solving skills to produce quality work to meet tight schedules.
- Must be proactive and a self-starter going beyond specific job responsibilities to ensure goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Must have a Class 5 license with clean driving abstract.
- Must have Food Safe Certification or be willing to get this certification
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Credit and criminal background checks are mandatory.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages based on your experience and performance with room for growth.
- RRSP match
- Extra vacation days
- Bonus pay
- Extended health benefits after probation
- Free snacks
- Flexible hours
Skills you will gain in this role:
- Retail, Inventory Management, Merchandising Skills and Cash Handling
- Professional driving skills, logistics, route management
- Time management and autonomy
- Customer service at professional accounts
- How to do basic troubleshooting and repairs with mechanical equipment in machines
Why our CSR's love this job:
-Autonomy to work alone and service accounts throughout the day.
-Like to be busy with a nice combination of physical exercise servicing accounts and downtime driving in between.
-Standard work schedule, stable year round work.
-Full timers- great job for a parent, you will have time to pick your kids up from school
-Enjoy working for a kind, family run company, we have multiple team members that have been with the company for 10-20 years.
We are willing to train the right person so if you have a resourceful “can-do” attitude and you’d like to join a successful and ever growing company, we’d like to hear from you. Ryan Vending is a Certified Inclusive Employer - if you require any accommodations during the interview process please let us know in the comments section of your application.
To apply, send upload your resume to the following platform:
Ryan Vending has been in business for over 50 years and is Western Canada's largest family-owned and operated vending company. At Ryan's, we believe in working hard, supporting our team, and giving back. Every employee is part of our community, and we offer a challenging and exciting environment that supports personal growth, diversity, and champions a people-first mentality.
We take our commitment to social responsibility seriously and walk the talk. We are a certified Inclusive Employer, have been proudly carbon-neutral since 2010, encourage our partners to consider their impact on the environment, and have led the way in offering healthier options in all of our machines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- delivery driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person