Since 2014, Spring Financial has been simplifying the lending process for millions of Canadians facing all types of financial circumstances. Spring offers a growing range of financial products and services which currently include personal loans, mortgages, credit cards and secured loans - all of which are made available to Canadians without having to visit a branch!
We are high-energy entrepreneurs who operate with a real sense of urgency. We have created some of the best in market products and sales processes allowing millions of Canadians to get access to financing online, via text or over the phone – all from the comfort of their own home! To learn more about our products please visit our website here: www.springfinancial.ca.
NOTE: This is a full-time, permanent, on-site position.
About the position:
As a Full Stack Developer at our company, you will play a crucial role in the development of innovative projects aimed at simplifying the lending process for Canadians. Working closely with our existing development team, you will be responsible for creating and enhancing both back-end and front-end applications on a regular basis.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Developing and maintaining in-house and customer-facing applications
- Collaborating with the back-end team to ensure seamless integration and functionality
- Mentoring junior developers and providing guidance throughout the development process
- Ensuring cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility for consistent user experience
- Utilizing relational databases like MySQL and Postgres for data storage and retrieval
- Working on 3rd party integrations, particularly with systems in the financial and automotive industries
- Building and consuming REST-style APIs and GraphQL
- Ensure sufficient code coverage by writing effective unit tests
- Creating technical content for JIRA tasks/sub-tasks
- Socialize JIRA stories/tasks you are responsible for with others on the team
What You Should Already Have:
- 2+ years of experience with modern JS frameworks such as Vue, Angular, React, or Nuxt
- 4+ years of experience with Linux
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Proficiency in using Git and working with GitFlow
- Familiarity with back-end MVC frameworks, particularly Laravel (versions 5.2 to 9)
- Knowledge of AWS services, especially serverless stack (SAM, Serverless, Containerization)
- Bonus: Experience with responsive web design and grid frameworks, Tailwind CSS,
- Bonus: Demonstrate knowledge of AWS services and infrastructure
- Bonus: Experience with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, MongoDB, or Cassandra
- Bonus: Proficiency in CSS3 advanced features, including animations, transitions, and flex-box layouts
- Bonus: Unit testing frameworks like Jest, Pytest, Enzyme etc.
This is a truly exciting time to join Spring Financial and we are looking forward to doing great things together!
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- A great work environment in the heart of Downtown Vancouver
- Transit-Friendly Employer (Transit allowance)
- GRSP matching program
- Opportunity for career development